Swiftech MCX 462+ or Thermalright SLK-800

S

silky62678

Per my specs what would be the best heatsink or overclocking?

i would consider the slk-900u over the slk-800. the 900u is the next generation and can accommodate a nice, large (quiet!) 92mm fan.

the mcx462+ is very nice, though. better than the slk-800, i'm sure. but between it and the slk-900u, i really don't know which would be better.

I was looking at the SLK-900 but i was told it wouldnt fit on a asus a7n8x mobo. :eek:

I have a ThermalTake Vocano 11 running a 2500+ at 2.2ghz without bumping the Vcore which about a 3050+ haha :) but yah If I had the extra money to blow I would go for a SLK900u also but since you said you don't think it will fit you could try the volcano 11

Originally posted by silky62678
I was looking at the SLK-900 but i was told it wouldnt fit on a asus a7n8x mobo. :eek:
thermalright says it'll fit... just "major bending of capacitors required"... :p

Ha Ha, no bending for me. im thinking of a thermaltake Vocano 11 "stay with the whole thermaltake theme":cool:

Cant the valcano 11 match up to the Swiftech MCX 462+ and Thermalright SLK-800?

I'm very happy with my SLK-800. Using a not-so-loud 80mm fan and it cools great. My idle temp is about 33°C, load temp is about 38°C with a XP2000+ Palo core O/C to 1738MHz.

I imagine the SLK-900 cools better since the 800 is better than the 600. No experience with the Swiftech so can't say.

Overclockers.com has a chart showing the relative performance scores: http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

I love the Swiftech MCX 462+. With a Thermaltake Smart Fan II running at about half speed, I'm usually around 38-42 C (depending on the weather). You'll have to take out your mobo, though. The Swiftech is a screw-on heatsink.

Melon

Do u really have to take the mobo out to install the heatsink. Even if u have the 4 screw holes around the CPU slot? Sounds like alot of work.

it is a job the first time you install it... but after you get the standoffs installed. taking the heatink off and on each time after that is a matter of 4 screws without removing hte motherboard. and if you transport your case at all, the screw-on type heatsinks are a very good idea. a lot more trustworthy than the plastic tabs on the socket.

I'm gonna get the SLK-800 and an Antec Smartfan..

Silky, I just got the Thermaltake V1000D.. Big Blue that is.. fantastic case.. I can't wait to get a quieter CPU fan though.. my older TT Super Orb cools well but it noisy as.......

Yeah i love mine, somewhat wishing i got the black one now instead of the silver one:D

Does anyone know a review showing the thermaltake valcano11 and the SLK-800 ?

Originally posted by silky62678
Does anyone know a review showing the thermaltake valcano11 and the SLK-800 ?

Well (if I remember corrrectly) there is a difference between them as the volcano11 is a complete cpu cooler (meaning it has a fan already) where as the SLK-800 is just a heatsink and you provide the fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back