SWG The adventure in crashing

J

JulianLasher

I bought SWG the day of the release fully expecting it to have bugs, and trouble spots. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I have only been able to play the game for about 2 hours total since I installed on 6/26/03. I upgraded my memory and that helped a little I even got to play for about half an hour before it crashed.
I do not want to give up on it, but I also do not want to pay $15 a month for something that does not work. I have never played A MMORPG before and I have no intention playing another.
If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

For the first few days of release, I felt the exact same way. I was in beta for a while, and I was blown away when they announced the release date because it was so rough and unfinished.

For the first two weeks I was crashing to the desktop like every 10 minutes and the servers were down constantly.

I am happy to say that I have solved all of my problems with crashing to the desktop, and the servers seem far more stable.

I absolutely love Star Wars Galaxies, and it will only get better from here.

_-------------
My problem was my RAM. I had mismatched sizes of RAM. Normally this wouldn't cause a problem, but Windows XP seems to have some issues with memory addressing when physical ram is mismatched.

I used memory testing software and other computers to test, and I never found a problem. I now have 2 matching 512 sticks of Kingston ram and I have no problems with the game.

Before I had 2 (256) sticks and 1 (512) stick.

If you have the newest Chipset drivers for your motherboard, and the suggested video card and video card drivers, I would check the ram. That seems to be a problem for a lot of people.

Thank you for your response, I think the game will be great once it gets some of the bugs out. I have 768 MB of ram, I just recently installed a new 512 stick, Corsair, and it seemed to improve the amount of time I could play. Do you think I should remove the old 256 memory since I have XP?

I was having major crashing issues before I added the additional ram. I have updated all the drivers as well.

I would just try the 512 stick and see if it still crashes

I too was involved in the beta. I got really sick of it after the last character wipe. That game is WAAAAYYYY too involved, as far as I go, Idont have the time to learn a new galaxy, economy, character affiliations, etc... The game itself is pretty good, not worth $15 a month IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back