Sweet! WMP10 LAN sharing...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I used to be a die-hard iTunes fan...until WMP10 came along and did almost everything iTunes could and more. The one feature I really missed when I moved over was built-in LAN sharing of the media library.

So I was browsing through wmplugins.com (WMP uses must check this out), and found this free plugin called On2Share that claimed to make LAN sharing possible using UPnP. I thought to myself - it can't be as good as Rendezvous sharing in iTunes. Wrong. It works just as well, with zero configuration necessary. Even better - it will continue to play a song that you selected even after the other person disconnects from the network.

Definitely something to check out:
http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemID=619

The missing piece in the puzzle. Slick.
cool.gif

Glad to see u back! See I knew Microsoft would have somethin good once in our lives.

Ok, I got an issue. When sharing out my files, the device will only play my mp3's. It will not play any of my media that are wma's, I do have copy protection on them. Any ideas?
It's most likely that it won't allow copy protected tracks to play, maybe a built in feature?

Sounds neat, but why not just share your music on teh network? I do and it works fine. I have it all here at work too. Listening now.

The protected content is an issue. When trying to play it won't allow it without downloading the license and MS wants to know about it. Which is no big deal since I own the cd's, but i'll just rip them without it :D

yeh i just map/share my 2 250's, that plugin is useless if you network em;)

Steevo said:
Sounds neat, but why not just share your music on teh network? I do and it works fine. I have it all here at work too. Listening now.
_kC_ said:
yeh i just map/share my 2 250's, that plugin is useless if you network em;)
This tends to be useful (and legal) on university networks, where most people don't want to share their folders.
smile.gif

/SLAPS FOREHEAD

Didn't think of that. :D

Steevo said:
/SLAPS FOREHEAD

Didn't think of that. :D
Oh yeah, you should have seen the iTunes networks we used to have in the residence halls last year. It was sweet.
grin.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back