swapping ti4800se for a fx5600 256mb

A

adamg

I know that my card is slightly faster, but what is your opinion? this swap is for free btw

5600 will give you DX9 support and has more onboard memory. Good option in my opinion :)

Originally posted by adamg
I know that my card is slightly faster, but what is your opinion? this swap is for free btw

why ?

even if it is free.. the extra memory is not going to help you @ your cards performance.. and since it is not an ultra your card is actually faster than what you are replacing it with...

as for dx9 ? well you are going to still be able to run dx9 games with your card.. the games will just drop down to ps1.3 instead of using ps2.0... as it stands with the nv31... that is likely to happen anyways with the FX card..

I just swapped, and even tho my 3dmark2001 fell quite alot from 10600 to 8760, its so much quieter than the ti4800se that i dont really care. And its nice to be able to run the whole of 3dmark03 :)

After posting my 3dmark03 score at futuremark, it shows up as my core is 54 and memory is 100. Every other fx5600 has the same core/mem. is this a known bug?

I just swapped, and even tho my 3dmark2001 fell quite alot from 10600 to 8760, its so much quieter than the ti4800se that i dont really care. And its nice to be able to run the whole of 3dmark03 :)

I got a Geforce 2 MX that makes no sound at all--it runs on passive cooling. Trade ya for the 4800...

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I got a Geforce 2 MX that makes no sound at all--it runs on passive cooling. Trade ya for the 4800...
Lol
By the way Handy the INUIT Tribes do not like to be called Eskimos.

I laugh in the face of oversensitive races! Ha! My fiancee is Central Yupik, and she doesn't mind. Maybe Inuits are more sensitive about that. ;)

Oh an my GF 2 MX is still up for trade!

im using the 52.16 drivers, the newest ones off NVIDIA. It also happens to me in Aquamark 3.

as for the gf2mx deal, if i was that desperate i would even go back to my old old old matrox g450 :)

im using the 52.16 drivers, the newest ones off NVIDIA. It also happens to me in Aquamark 3.

as for the gf2mx deal, if i was that desperate i would even go back to my old old old matrox g450 :)
Yup Ive heard of frame drops with the drivers. Nvidia oh Nvidia what has become of you (at least they make great motherboards). Drop back to an earlier driver and see what happens.

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Yup Ive heard of frame drops with the drivers. Nvidia oh Nvidia what has become of you (at least they make great motherboards). Drop back to an earlier driver and see what happens.

perhaps its coz their IQ and other things are being turned back on ?

:)

they have re-implemented certain things removed due to overly aggresive optimizatons in previous revisions therefore some benchmarks will see proper rendering of images and therefore lower scores...

OC that baby. it should help some

for example, i got my GeF FX 5200 Ultra (250 core/400 memory) up to 270 core/473 memory. i think it helped me some, and i havent seen anything bad, like artifacts, yet.

I was talking about the core/mem reporting problem. Yeah the 52.16 drivers are a bit weird, they reduced my mark on my old gf4 by 500. but it seems everyone with all drivers have this problem. Take a look at the futuremark project search, and everyone has 54/100 gpu frequencies, even though their scores look pretty right.

As for frame drops, i havent noticed any, apart from the notably lower performance from the gf4.

Evidently I was wrong, so thanks for the headsup ;)
I was thnking of upgrading my card at some point and was looking at the FX 5600, but maybe I'll save a bit more and get a Radeon or something :)

yeah id definately go for a radeon 9600, or maybe even the FX5700 (sounds much better than the 5600). I just swapped for the 5600 cause it was newer and quieter, but id never buy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back