Swaping MB....

Well i got my motherboard today, but i didn't get a cd with drivers and the ASUS site wont let me download anything...what should i do???

Why won't the ASUS site let you download anything?

What is the model of your motherboard?

the one you recomended...ASUS P5VDC-MX. I need all the drivers and manual....it wont let me download what i need, not in Ie or firefox

Last edited:
Drivers are there, I can't seem to download either. May be a problem with their FTP atm, I would try again later and then contact ASUS if you still can't resolve it. Perhaps they will offer another way of getting the drivers to you, or the site will be fixed by then.

You could try searching on the internet for other places to get the drivers, but direct from the manufacturer is always safest/best.

Yea ill try in the morning!!!!

Also KC, i was reading the specs and got myself confused. Im my pc right now i have 768Mb of ram, all pc3200. Noe there are 4 slots...but it says on the site

2 x 240-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR2 533/400 non-ECC, unbuffered memory
2 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR 400/333/266 non-ECC, unbuffered memory
(Note: DDR and DDR2 memory can not be used simultaneously)​

So can i still use my 3, 256mb sticks???​

Unfortunately no, the motherboard does have 4 slots but only 2 of the 4 support the PC3200 (DDR400) you have. The other two slots are for DDR2 533 RAM.

this blows, i have to wait 5-7 buisness days for a stupid driver cd......PISSED!!!!!!!

Interesting indeed, what did you change about the links?

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Got around tonight(WED) to install the unit. I have installed plenty of motherboards in plenty of cases without an issue (ran fresh install of winodws though). I ran standard procedure for installing using instructions downloaded and printed from the ASUS website. Upon the final touches, I plugged the power supply in, then the unit began to smoke at the bottom left of the board near the last PCI slot. WHAT THE ****!!!! After all that i put my old MB back together.....Im pretty pissed...so much for my new video card!!!

Also how hot should my cpu be???
[/FONT]

CPU temperatures can vary based on a few things - is it at full load, what type of cooling do you use, etc.

What are your current temps?

nice sig! Well like i said im back to the old Mb. The cooling is a large heatsink with a large fan..not sure...but Sandra says its 134...does that seem high???

134 is a little on the high side...

why is that??? When i put it back together, i made sure the compound was applied...and its freaken cold in my house!

also i grounded the Mb, would it have sparked and burned like that??

Last edited:
Assuming that's in Farenheit and not Celsius (thing would burn down probably :p) - you may want to check your cooling. Is your CPU under full load at that temp?

Re-using compound isn't always the best bet either, you should try to apply some extra. I would also check to make sure your HSF is tight, and replacing it with a high quality cooling product isn't very expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back