Swap Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I just kinda came up with a brain storming idea...

lookee here ...

Now - not for this particular case - but there's more in my detritus bin! (EG 350 PSU that once made a bad fan noise, but did get better - honest dude!!)

no no seriously - there are HD's with kinda like hey 10 GB capacity there!

Anyway - before the whole community laughs at my detritus - what about a forum (or OK it could be a thread) where people say they have this and will send it to anyone and the other guy has something else (like maybe a CS genuine boxed or something, they's stopped fragging, I dunno) and the two just post? I mean ship? You know what I mean dammit!

Anyway - what does anyone think? I admit it is late, I am manic, I had little sleep for the last 72 hours... so flame me if I am wrong...

But if there's any right - then take it and improve it guys?

Well we already have the Trading Post forum where people can sell/swap/give stuff, doesn't that cover it?

wow - fast!

xsivforce said:

I got flamed! cool though - I did know about the old one, but I meant it in maybe a more giving way... like no one asked for anything they just wanted to give things to a new home.... but maybe I never looked at it enough and I was rightly flamed guys! :blush: (is there a blush? :eek: )

anyways - nuff said (from me) - I await my first private message with an addres and I have the stamps and packaging at the ready for that NIC (though I will attempt to verify it is from the correct NTFS member)

OT! - can a member leave and another person take their "persona"/handle from them? I think EP will know...

btw - FURTHER OT when I was flamed and about to post a poll on my post it crashed IE - is that just because it's like the weakest browser? Or is it a "feature" of VB3 - again I think EP will know... the stones make him omniscient (how the heck did they get into that half life variant BTW - was it you EP?)

No one got flamed. Mearly pointing to the answer to your question. i.e its already in place. Theres no rule where you have to charge for things :)

If a member has been inactive for a long time, and/or hasn't posted much/anything. Then a name change maybe arranged, but thats an Admin decision

I hope you did not think it was a flame. It was surely not intended that way.

xsivforce said:
I hope you did not think it was a flame. It was surely not intended that way.

there should be a new nettiquette word - I was "warmed" ?

It was a cool flaming - OK guys?

After all - I do know I do not HAVE to subscribe to my own threads - I'm just vain that way! ;)

Seriously, it was not meant in any negative way. I was just pointing you in the direction of a rarely utilized section of the forums. Most people probably don't even realize it is there. I wish there were more deals being made. We can all hook each other up.

Xsiv - why did you flamed him man - isnt that against the forum guidelines... I cant belive a mod would Flame someone - sheeesh.... What IS this site coming too?

:D

P.s. Just in case, on the off chance, coz you never know - im joking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back