Swap file...

Leo

OSNN Addict
Just finished upgrading my memory from 256 to 512 sdram and i have a question about the swap file.
I've heard that i should have a swap file X 2.5 the amount of ram i have in the system so for 512 would be 1280.
I have two hard drives installed in my computer(A western digital 40GB and a maxtor 20GB with no os in it as slave drive).
My real question is will i experience any performance gain by having windows acess the slave drive for the swap file?
I hope im making sense.
Thanks in advane!

Set the pagefile to "System Managed" on your second hard drive. Manually setting the size of the pagefile won't give you any performance gains.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Set the pagefile to "System Managed" on your second hard drive. Manually setting the size of the pagefile won't give you any performance gains.
How do i do that?

Originally posted by j79zlr
:eek:
That's useless for me. If you are going to help, then do it.
What's the point of posting ":eek: "?

Sorry Leo, just trying to have some fun, I posted that because of the back and forth me and dealer are having right now about the page file.

I'll leave and sit in the corner.

I apologize as well. Just trying to find an answer on this.
I've checked out the thread and it is kind of what im looking for.
Could i have your opnion on this?:)

hi leo

netryder gave the correct advice

on the window that you showed me on the other thread, just hit the button that says system managed.

then defrag the pagefile

you will never have to worry about it again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back