• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SVCHOST hog CPU time 99%?

X

xenohawk

What is this SVCHOST actually? I have couple of them in my task manager and one of them are running at 85% - 99% of my CPU time. This only happend sometimes when I'm connected to the Internet. If I disconnect it the SVCHOST still running at 99% of CPU time.

SVChost is the program that processes services, connecting to net, local policies, security policies and multiple other things, SVChost usually has 4 instances in taskmanager on home and 5-6 in Pro. if it;s running at 99% and slowing you down try and disable unused services to find out what is causing it.

X

xenohawk

You mean disable the service one-by-one? There's tons of them in XP Pro version.... Will they cause any damage to the OS if I do disabling one of them?

X

xenohawk

Well, I have found the particular SVCHOST that is taking the 99% cpu time:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SVCHOST.EXE 640 AudioSrv, BITS, Browser, CryptSvc, Dhcp,
dmserver, ERSvc, EventSystem,
FastUserSwitchingCompatibility, helpsvc,
lanmanserver, lanmanworkstation, Messenger,
Netman, Nla, RasAuto, RasMan, Schedule,
seclogon, SENS, SharedAccess,
ShellHWDetection, srservice, TapiSrv,
TermService, Themes, TrkWks, uploadmgr,
W32Time, winmgmt, WmdmPmSp, wuauserv,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But there are numerous service there, how do I know which one that is causing the problem?.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis