SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey all, first the server specs. Pentium 2 400Mhz, 256MB SDRam, 10GB hard drive, no graphics card.

Right, story goes. I put my Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB ram in the server so I could install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (got that free kit from novell) and I installed it great.

I think it was on post install it asked me if I want to enable 3d acceleration, I clicked yes (wish I hadn't now) and it said I got to do some stuff in order for it to work. So now Xfree86 does not work when I do startx.

You did not install any X-Server \(e.g. XF86_SVGA\)!
Please install at least one server to start X.
I'm aborting now.
Of course the graphics card is out now so I boot up and can SSH in but I would like to set-up tightvnc so I can view the desktop. Any ideas on how to rerun the post install script without reinstalling, I might have to install Xfree86 again I don't know since I'm really newb at linux. Thanks if you can help out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut