Surround sound in Doom 3

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I have an Audigy 2 ZS with latest drivers and a 7.1 sound system, and I have 7.1 surround slected in Windows control panel, but when I try to select surround within Doom 3's menu, it says something like 'No surround system detected. Check Windows control panel settings' so I double checked and I definitely have 7.1 surround slected in there. I even tried manually changing the numberofSpeakers line in the DoomConfig.cfg file from 2 to 5, 6, and 7 and making the file read only, but I still can't get positional audio. Any ideas?

Sounds like (forgive the pun) there are a few issues with Doom III's sound at the moment.

Did you get the new ZS drivers from Creative?
(ie less than a week old)

Had the same problem, same sound card. When I checked my speaker settings in the Creative speaker settings menu (not the Windows applet) I noticed that 2 speakers was selected for some reason. I switched it to 5.1 speakers, closed it, went into Doom, selected Surround speakers and voila! It worked fine. Hope that helps.

-Wrath

yeah i had the same thing, but im running on 4.1...for some reason Doom 3 doesnt consider 4.1 as surround, so i had to change the windows control panel to 5.1 (it doesnt have 4.1, i dont know why) and it worked

Wrathchild said:
Had the same problem, same sound card. When I checked my speaker settings in the Creative speaker settings menu (not the Windows applet) I noticed that 2 speakers was selected for some reason. I switched it to 5.1 speakers, closed it, went into Doom, selected Surround speakers and voila! It worked fine. Hope that helps.

-Wrath
what driver are u using? I'm using the same card as yours and yes... my creative applet is showing 5.1 but getting distorted then cut off sound when i play in surround mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back