Surround Sound Bar

N

Not Bman

As you have all seen these days, those surround sound bars for tv setups. I don't know anything else about them.

I am wondering if they are available for PC's? And is the quality still good (i like quality sound, but some things I can't tell the difference) What are my options, suggestions.

you can plug your pc into hi-fi receviers attached to surround bars, however true surround can only be given with speakers in 4 corners of the room. You get better sound for seperate speakers standing/mounted around the room too.

you can plug your pc into hi-fi receviers attached to surround bars, however true surround can only be given with speakers in 4 corners of the room. You get better sound for seperate speakers standing/mounted around the room too.

Yes I know that, it's just currently and for awhile, I can not setup 4 or more speakers the way they should be setup, and are quite annoying. So I'd like to get some kind of solution for surround sound, and not being a 2.1 setup.

well positined 2.1 can give a surround illusion in the right room

Once I get a computer working, I will be trying a 2.1 setup (using my 5.1 but only using 2.1 of it). See how that goes, but suggestions on a bar?

I'm only aware of a yamaha bar - I'm sure other leading hi-fi speaker makers have a bar too :)

I've not looked into it too much since I've just bought 2 mission bookshelf speakers to go at the rear and 2 mission floorstanders for the front on my pc/hi-fi setup.

What is mission?

*edit, never heard of them before....are they good quality?

British speaker manufacturer - very good quality :) The best speakers on earth come out of britain or Germany :)

Missions are nice.

about the bars, though; they are made for home theater setups where you are sitting back away from the bar a good 6-12 feet. they count on this space to bounce the side/rear channels off the side or back walls to give the illusion of speakers there. if you have it mounted 2 feet in front of you, i'm not sure you'll get the same effect.

normal stereo headphones can do a good job of mimicking surround sound if you have a decent sound card. then there's actual surround headphones.

British speaker manufacturer - very good quality :) The best speakers on earth come out of britain or Germany :)

You are leaving out the Canadians, who themselves make speakers of very fine quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back