• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Surround Sound Bar

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
As you have all seen these days, those surround sound bars for tv setups. I don't know anything else about them.

I am wondering if they are available for PC's? And is the quality still good (i like quality sound, but some things I can't tell the difference) What are my options, suggestions.

you can plug your pc into hi-fi receviers attached to surround bars, however true surround can only be given with speakers in 4 corners of the room. You get better sound for seperate speakers standing/mounted around the room too.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
you can plug your pc into hi-fi receviers attached to surround bars, however true surround can only be given with speakers in 4 corners of the room. You get better sound for seperate speakers standing/mounted around the room too.
Yes I know that, it's just currently and for awhile, I can not setup 4 or more speakers the way they should be setup, and are quite annoying. So I'd like to get some kind of solution for surround sound, and not being a 2.1 setup.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Once I get a computer working, I will be trying a 2.1 setup (using my 5.1 but only using 2.1 of it). See how that goes, but suggestions on a bar?

I'm only aware of a yamaha bar - I'm sure other leading hi-fi speaker makers have a bar too :)

I've not looked into it too much since I've just bought 2 mission bookshelf speakers to go at the rear and 2 mission floorstanders for the front on my pc/hi-fi setup.

Taurus

hardware monkey
Missions are nice.

about the bars, though; they are made for home theater setups where you are sitting back away from the bar a good 6-12 feet. they count on this space to bounce the side/rear channels off the side or back walls to give the illusion of speakers there. if you have it mounted 2 feet in front of you, i'm not sure you'll get the same effect.

normal stereo headphones can do a good job of mimicking surround sound if you have a decent sound card. then there's actual surround headphones.

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies