Surreality ... I got a job

take you longer if you drove, uk is a nightmare to drive in now, when i used to work at my last job would take me near 45min to an hour to get home most nights and i only had to do 12 miles

Re: Surreality ... I got a job (update)

Hello! Hello!!

I'm surviving my first week ... tho Monday was a HUGE shock. Imagine geeky me going from alone-in-my-living-room-in-jammies-with-two-cats-as-company to sharing a cube with a lovely lively young woman in a very crowded building.

But I've adjusted and have tons of very fun activities with which to amuse myself and contribute to the Greater Good (and profits).

I got the computer y'all recommended ... SUWEET! The "tower" is the size of my notebook from last semester. Truly ... about 1/2 the size of the monitor (no, that's an exaggeration!).

Comcast (which y'all also recommended) is coming tomorrow to hook up everything and I've got my wireless usb dealiebob all ready.

I'm nearly all moved into my very bright and shiny old/new home ... and it looks like I worked with a decorator! The carpet actually matches the lino and looks great with the paint colors I picked ... all independently.

New windows (chief!) go in next week, and then carpeters and painters come back to tidy the bits.

I've got some furniture coming and lamps (it's still a few days away from our long summer-lit days) .

By the time I get all the boxes unpacked and the new furnishings paid for, tho, I'll probably need a new car :(

Anyway, I've missed you guys and will be more connected ... with bazoodles of questions and maybe some helpful answers!

cool so you want us to all pile on round and have a house warming :p

party.gif

Last edited:
Great to hear this, hope your cats don't freak out in the new digs. :p

Great to hear this, hope your cats don't freak out in the new digs. :p

How'd you know! ;)

I got some pheromone spray to help them adjust ... and discourage the boy cat from digging up the carpets. So far they seem to be pleased to have sleeping places in the sun again but miss their cat door.

Good.

A move, new job and everything. Congrats and just remember to kick back once in a while. Driving to work is OK, helps you get ready for the bombardment of who flung poo.

How'd you know! ;)

I got some pheromone spray to help them adjust ... and discourage the boy cat from digging up the carpets. So far they seem to be pleased to have sleeping places in the sun again but miss their cat door.

I have an Orange Marmalade Tabby. :)

And Cats go nuts in new surroundings. It takes them a bit to adjust. And if you have wall to wall carpeting, good luck. Hope you have some big scratching poles and stuff to keep them occupied. Or you're gonna be trimming all the lumps in the carpet from them digging their nails into it. :p

Sounds like lots of excitement, congrats AWG!

My windows are awesome, hope you enjoy yours :)

Also, I got a new job and will only be paying $15 a month for parking now :lick:

I have an Orange Marmalade Tabby. :)

And Cats go nuts in new surroundings. It takes them a bit to adjust. And if you have wall to wall carpeting, good luck. Hope you have some big scratching poles and stuff to keep them occupied. Or you're gonna be trimming all the lumps in the carpet from them digging their nails into it. :p

The carpet has a frisee finish, so their digging won't show. The carpet guy is coming to finish the end after the slider is installed and thinks I'm a bit strange, but has agreed to recarpet the 6' cat tree with the carpet remnants so it looks nice.

They loff their cardboard scratcher ... and each other ;)

Also, I got a new job and will only be paying $15 a month for parking now :lick:

I'm thinking of trying a motorcycle ... the parking is easy, but the traffic ... ick!

Still with ESPN?

Or elsewhere in the wide world?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back