• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Surreality ... I got a job

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political User
I mean, I think I have. The contract's not signed, but everything else seems like a done deal. I have a start date n all. It's for/with a tech company (no? really!) pulling together all the random technical knowledge products and figuring out best management and delivery to meet new/transferring engineer hire ramp-up needs. It's an interesting problem in terms of human performance as well as knowledge management. Thanks for keeping me company, y'all, during the panic months.

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political User
That's great, hope it all goes well. :D

How local is it?
A whoppin 8 miles from home! Course that's east on 237 so could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30, depending on traffic. I'm actually hoping to work at least half-time in the office (not sure how it's going to be configured yet) and it's on the way to the barn, instead of the other direction, which is SO Sweet!

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I really need to get a job closer to home. Having to drive about 30 miles in and pay $120 a month for parking sucks!

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
downtime chicago monthly parking passes at most garages average around $250.. with more coveted spots locations going over $400/month.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
well.. if i ever move to the states im gonna put on a parking lot :p
lol.. prices are only that high in major metro areas.. beyond the obvious demand side driving prices up, the cost of the land and upkeep (taxes) on the land is rather high as well.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
in london a person bought a garage for £200,000 2 miles from his home as the parking is rather bad down london way :D cheapest one bought was £80,000 , but seeing as house prices have gotten stupid over here

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
A whoppin 8 miles from home! Course that's east on 237 so could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30, depending on traffic. I'm actually hoping to work at least half-time in the office (not sure how it's going to be configured yet) and it's on the way to the barn, instead of the other direction, which is SO Sweet!
So you gotta go to Milpitas to work?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis