Surreality ... I got a job

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
I mean, I think I have. The contract's not signed, but everything else seems like a done deal. I have a start date n all. It's for/with a tech company (no? really!) pulling together all the random technical knowledge products and figuring out best management and delivery to meet new/transferring engineer hire ramp-up needs. It's an interesting problem in terms of human performance as well as knowledge management. Thanks for keeping me company, y'all, during the panic months.

wow... sweet! congrats :D

edit: damn.. must spread some reps around.. but still, congrats! ;)

Congratulations and kudo's.

Onwards to bigger and better hopefully.

That's great, hope it all goes well. :D

How local is it?

That's great, hope it all goes well. :D

How local is it?

A whoppin 8 miles from home! Course that's east on 237 so could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30, depending on traffic. I'm actually hoping to work at least half-time in the office (not sure how it's going to be configured yet) and it's on the way to the barn, instead of the other direction, which is SO Sweet!

I really need to get a job closer to home. Having to drive about 30 miles in and pay $120 a month for parking sucks!

downtime chicago monthly parking passes at most garages average around $250.. with more coveted spots locations going over $400/month.

well.. if i ever move to the states im gonna put on a parking lot :p

well.. if i ever move to the states im gonna put on a parking lot :p

lol.. prices are only that high in major metro areas.. beyond the obvious demand side driving prices up, the cost of the land and upkeep (taxes) on the land is rather high as well.

in london a person bought a garage for £200,000 2 miles from his home as the parking is rather bad down london way :D cheapest one bought was £80,000 , but seeing as house prices have gotten stupid over here

A whoppin 8 miles from home! Course that's east on 237 so could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30, depending on traffic. I'm actually hoping to work at least half-time in the office (not sure how it's going to be configured yet) and it's on the way to the barn, instead of the other direction, which is SO Sweet!

So you gotta go to Milpitas to work?

So you gotta go to Milpitas to work?

Nah ... just off 237/Zanker, about halfway there.

The surface roads are JUST out of the way enough that I can't ride a bicycle. As if I would. ;)

Bicycle...? I have one of those. Hmmm, where did I put it? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back