Support our troops!

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Everyone I work with is a veteran, and they mostly like him (heck, 85% of the military votes for him!).

I know quite a few people in the military right now...to a man, not one of them is happy with this head of state...nor are any of their families

I stand with you on your other point though handybuddy...a great many of the people I respect most do indeed like Bush as you do....liking him,. believing him, agreeing with him is not an idication whatsoever of any offensive affiliation.

jones, you have to make sure your posts are not insulting people with differant opinions then yours

this conversation can not go forward if we start insulting each other.

NOW TONE YOUR MANNER DOWN

For the record, I have read through this entire thread, and have been personally offended more than once or twice. I am in FULL support of expression of one's opinion, but I am not in favor of anyone pushing their opinions onto others in such a "factual," "i'm right and you're wrong" manner. The Forum Guidelines exist in part to prevent offensive posts, and I feel that the Flaming and Nationality portions of the Forum Guidelines have been ignored more than once in this thread. I know that Mods have addressed this in the thread already, and I appreciate them doing so, but I feel that it has still continued.

*gets off the soapbox*

I'll just say this. Why does anyone want our president, regardless of who he is, to fail? If the president fails, then he fails the U.S. If he fails the U.S., then the country does not make progress. If the country does not make progress, then life is harder for its citizens. This pessimism just doesn't make sense to me. :sad:

Originally posted by muzikool
I'll just say this. Why does anyone want our president, regardless of who he is, to fail? If the president fails, then he fails the U.S. If he fails the U.S., then the country does not make progress. If the country does not make progress, then life is harder for its citizens. This pessimism just doesn't make sense to me. :sad:

there is nothing wrong in wanting your president to do things right...

i am not in agreement with our policies in iraq... nor am I happy with the work we have been doing in afghanistan post taliban..

I am generally quite unhappy with my government failing to show any level of accountability in matters related to iraq and the various situations that have been abused in Iraq... like I suggested... have a read through the newsweek articles listing of various red flag issues in terms of allocation of funds...

the money is US tax payer money... there should be some level of accountabilty in what happens...

claiming on television things are all hunky dory and that the people of america should rise up and unconditionally support these actions is not appropriate...

bush pushed forward a plan to overthrow the government of a soverign nation... saddam's leaving was not so much a problem as our burning our bridges worldwide... look @ what happens now...

WE are stuck with the rebuilding of an entire nation... the US should not be in this position... we have NEVER developed an army for the process of peace-keeping... and we cannot expect the world to contribute troops and money while we keep proclaiming these troops and monies will be distributed per OUR terms... what a load of crock...

this suggests that the monies put forth will be allocated to an extent to companies that won contracts and tenders with no competition (ie unilateral and unconditional tenders awarded to companies by our government.. some of which have solid contacts with members of the current administration )

do I support our troops? yes... I whole heartedly do...

do I support bush ? no... and I am unlikely to ever support him @ the rate things are going...

The truth comes out. :p I do appeciate you keepin it to a dull roar though Sazar. :)

Originally posted by dealer
I know quite a few people in the military right now...to a man, not one of them is happy with this head of state...nor are any of their families

I stand with you on your other point though handybuddy...a great many of the people I respect most do indeed like Bush as you do....liking him,. believing him, agreeing with him is not an idication whatsoever of any offensive affiliation.

jones, you have to make sure your posts are not insulting people with differant opinions then yours

this conversation can not go forward if we start insulting each other.

NOW TONE YOUR MANNER DOWN

Okay dealer, your point is taken. Sorry, Its just this stuff makes me so mad. Because I know the public isent getting the right picture about this war and the whitehouse.

Originally posted by muzikool
For the record, I have read through this entire thread, and have been personally offended more than once or twice. I am in FULL support of expression of one's opinion, but I am not in favor of anyone pushing their opinions onto others in such a "factual," "i'm right and you're wrong" manner. The Forum Guidelines exist in part to prevent offensive posts, and I feel that the Flaming and Nationality portions of the Forum Guidelines have been ignored more than once in this thread. I know that Mods have addressed this in the thread already, and I appreciate them doing so, but I feel that it has still continued.

*gets off the soapbox*

Sorry for insulting you. Just trying to smack some sense into people. :eek:
Let me make this clear, we want the president to succeed in leading this country. But, nay he is not. I wish them to fail because of their actions. It seems to be for their own agenda. This war was planned long ago Im afraid.
I would like to know of something good that the Bush admin has done that is good for this country.

Originally posted by jones
Just trying to smack some sense into people. :eek:

You shouldn't have to "smack" sense into people... that is the last way to garner sympathy for your position from those who do not side with your position. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jones
Bush is actually the worst president in US history.

Is he? Actually? Wow. Your arguments are astounding.

I dont like GWB, I didnt vote for him either. If you dont like him thats fine but all this complaining about him wont get him out of office even if he did an impeachable offense. The best anybody can do is to vote him out during the next election.
I have come across several ppl who are fanatical GWB supporters and it reminds me of religous zealots. There os no discussion ... no criticism ... and Clinton is tha blame for all the problems. I am not one to say Clinton was the best he was a typical prez too. Most politicians if not all, have their own agenda. We are just the ones in the way. I have become away of so many back door deals with my local politicians that I can only imagine the scale of the big league politicians who seek office...

I am surprised though how the press protects the Bush image.

it just doesn't matter what information demonstrating his lies and forgeries comes out, the press just brushes it aside. as if, "ummmm, OK then, let 's move on"

as far as anything he's done that may or may not be impeachable;

his own advisor's tell us that long before he made the claims that brought our country to war, the claims that took the our children from their families and friends, the claims that we believed that he could have a war where he wanted to have on...before all of that, he was told that the claims he was wanted to make were incorrect....that documents he was planning to present were forged...he was told these things before he used the false information

he made the claims anyway.

?

?

?

I'm sorry, I think this is more then impeachable, I believe this is would be closer to treason.

please don't forget that our boys and girls are dying because of the forged claims that this president made.

and don't forget that we also took our troops from the task at afghanistan...that task was and continues to be far from over

that's where our boys and girls belong, not at the whim of a failed presidency who thinks a new war will help him get re elected

now, if a president can be impeached because he lied to us about weather or not he cheated on his wife.

tell me how it's possible that this president is not challenged?

to add, don't forget the incredible workd support we had before he went after this white whale of his and his fathers, this Saddam,

now, die to the lies and cheating of this president, world hate against America is many fold what it has ever been.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Doubt it. Where do you get your information from? When has the DoD ever been cut? In my years in the military, I've only seen my benefits increase.

I agree as a military retiree, I only threat to military benefits come from the Democratic National Committee, the best ally that Vietnam, Red China, and USSR have ever had.

Originally posted by lfotto
I agree as a military retiree, I only threat to military benefits come from the Democratic National Committee, the best ally that Vietnam, Red China, and USSR have ever had.

Well put!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back