Superbowl!

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
OK, the Superbowl is here! We are proud to be hosting it this year (I live in Jacksonville) If you are in town, I hope you love our beautiful city. If you are not in town, well, you should be. The attached picture will show you how we do it! :)

Attachments

• sbfireworks.jpg
    sbfireworks.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 86
I have to be at work in 15 minutes.. gotta work all day. (I work at a pizza place) This is gonna suck.......... but crazy drunks to tip well :p

Yep,, not to shabby Un4gIvEn1. Alot of people say that the people are real nice down there. treated the guests and out-of-towners really well, a good host city.

Next year its comming here to the "D" everyone is complaining that the weather is going to be cold and crappy with snow. but I say tuff!! its the midwest wintertime. deal with it. anyway,,,,,,,,GO eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though "Brady" is a (UofM) allum' w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES.FLAG3X5.jpg

Might see it, dunno.
Off to teh cinema at 9.
Depends how long all the pre-events go on for.
Guess making day out of a 80 minute (?) game means the game won't be on til later anyway :p

what time is it ur time when it starts, cuz im like gmt+3 so i think theres 8 hours difference i dont know what time its on at ur place, but usually its on at 3 am here

Well, it's 65 degrees F here in Jacksonville. It's a tad on the cool side. Our city spent a LOT of money making sure everyone felt welcome. They spent 3 million on just 2 bridges alone. Now we have 3 bridges that light up at night. One is done in Blue Neons, one in Blue spots and one in White. Did you know Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the lower 48 states? Juneau is the only city that is bigger. I came down to visit my sister here last spring, and decided in a weeks time that I was moving. I drove my family back home to Indianapolis, jumped back on a plane and flew down here and started a new job, and went back a month later to get my fiance and my daughter. I love Jacksonville, and better yet, Florida. It's so beautiful here. It's weird to see all of the leaves on the trees in the middle of February, and to be able to go outside without a jacket on. No rusty cars down here. Palm Trees all over. It's like being on vacation every day.

tdinc said:
Yep,, not to shabby Un4gIvEn1. Alot of people say that thepeople are real nice down there. treated the guests and out-of-townersreally well, a good host city.

Next year its comming here to the "D" everyone is complaining that theweather is going to be cold and crappy with snow. but I say tuff!! itsthe midwest wintertime. deal with it. anyway,,,,,,,,GOeagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though "Brady" is a (UofM) allum'w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES.FLAG3X5.jpg

I want the eagles to win because the pats dont need to win again but ido think the eagles will lose. Glad your a UofM fan :)...i so wanna goto the super bowl in detriot since its only like 3 hours away.

I think every state that has a football team should be able to host a super bowl or 2. Why just the warm state teams?? :mad:

Jewelzz said:
I think every state that has a football team should beable to host a super bowl or 2. Why just the warm state teams?? :mad:

It also depends on if the city is big enough to host one. I think itsstupid that if they can play in the cold and all that during regularseason why not during the super bowl?

yeah right netryder, i enjoy good ads, i downloaded the svcd of last years superbowl commercials i cant wait until they let out the new ones on the net, wonder who will preform at the half time show with spinners this time

Too bad the Jags aren't in the superbowl. heh.

They need to host a superbowl up here in Minnesota again with the Metrodome open. Old school, freezing weather is what the NFL needs. :laugh:

themafia_69 said:
what time is it ur time when it starts, cuz im like gmt+3 so i think theres 8 hours difference i dont know what time its on at ur place, but usually its on at 3 am here
It is suppose to start @ 6:30pm I believe. Oh and I'm GMT-5 :classic:

The digital guide says it starts at 6:00pm (that's here in Jacksonville) but the game probably doesn't start until 6:30.

I cant really get excited about this(not into football) So the only reason I'm glad its here is that America Dad comes out after the superbowl is over!!!

attention superbowl freaks

I don't know if I've ever told anyone, but my sister provides animals for entertainment industry...for instance, the monkey on friends.

anyway, look for the budweiser commercials...all the animals come from my sisters company, "benay's birds and animals" (benay is my sister...my parents liked weird names for their offspring)

I'm from chicago and will never get a chance to see a super bowl come here becuase it's cold. But I like the fact that every year the superbowl is in a place where it's warm and neither teams have a home field type of advantage. If the super bowl was in chicago and a team like the patriots or bills got there and it's snowing and 23 degrees outside and the other team is from a warm climate then the patriots or bills have a huge advantage.

Also these events bring so much tourism and money to the areas that if they had a super bowl in new york or chicago the reporters and people visiting would be miserable. That's why I'm shocked they are having the game in detroit.

I like the way the field usually never is a reason a team will win and you get to focus on each team and not the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back