Super Fast User Switching

Y

yoda

fast.jpg

My problem is I see this everytime I start up...

I think there is a way to stop this message, and have looked into it carefully but giving up on my own and wondering if any of you may have seen it and gotten rid of it before...

I have disabled offline files... but it still comes up...

I hate the welcome screen, I like making XP look like 2000- thats all.

:confused: ????????

you want to log in automatically without seeing the welcome screen?

go to control pannel, user accounts, change the way a user logs on/ logs off, then put a check next to 'use fast user switching' and put a check next to "use welcome screen" then click apply. See if that works and let me know.

You don't quite understand my goal- Windows 2k doesn't use a Welcome Screen 'Nor Fast User Switching- Therefore I dont wanna use it, or see it....

Got it?

"I like making XP look like 2000- thats all." Well then UN CHECK the options that i told you to check earlier.

If you don't like the features, then why not revert back to windows 2000?

Why does everyone have to get a damn attitude.

If you don't know the answer and wanna tell me a work around then dont even reply- because thats not my goal.

For you idiots that have replied, Unchecking "Super Fast User Switching" and "Welcome Screen" makes the login look exactly!!!! LIKE! Windows 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT WISH TO REVERT BACK TO ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF WINDOWS.... IF YOU SAY THIS AGAIN IM GONNA HAVE TO THROW YOU OFF A CLIFF!!!!

Using the "Super Fast User Switching" and "Welcome Screen" Makes the message:
fast.jpg

disappear but then again now I have stupid things that XP has built in and just slows down your computer, oh you don't think it does- well listen again I DO!.... if you think I'm being too picky then don't reply b/c Windows is supposed to be fully user customizable....

Xeonox: I know how to uncheck and what happens both ways- you obviously didn't read my first post at all. I said unchecking "Super Fast User Switching" and "Welcome Screen" results in the POP UP that I have posted for a 2nd time. Do I have to explain in baby talk ?!?!?!

Sorry for the tude to anyone that wishes to help and not give me stupid responses......I'm sick of them!

This is definetly 1 of those things I can't figure out on my own-
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this and did they find a FiX or not...

Iceman: YES- no Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching- just because I'm apart of a workgroup I have to use the Welcome Screen with Fast User Switching- thats a bunch of bull- BILL YOU AZZ! WE will watch you F#$@ the next OS TOO!

Yoda;
Your a fool. Your an idiot for coming on these boards and throwing around attitude like you own the place. From your last response good luck on any help around here.
Just like I said, revert it back to windows 2000 if you don't like XP then don't deal with it.

better yet I think microsoft knowledge base might help you.

thats exactly what im talking about-- people like you-

ignore the fact that I boldy said, "I do not wish to revert back to any previous version of windows" and still you ignore my 2nd post if you can't help me and are going to tell me to go back to a previous version of windows then dont bother posting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY QUESTION IS:

Being apart of a workgroup is it essential I use
"FAST USER SWITCHING"
"WELCOME SCREEN"

If so then am I stuck with the stupid error that pops up everytime I start windows OR is there a way to get rid of the pop up b/c I have no problem Accessing the NETWORKED Drives NONE so WHAT EVER!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body Electric are you completely ignorant- if not I suggest you get some glasses b/c its obvious you can't read...
How many times do I have to tell you I'm not reverting back to any previous version of Windows and that is that...
DO I HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN... LOL

you dont have to explain in baby talk, but if you would have explained a little better your goal then maybe you would get better answers to your qestuion. And i obviously did read your 1st post, but as everyone can see you, you also OVIOUSLY CHANGED your original post. So next time be more clear and you will get better responses, its all your fualt so dont blame others just for your lack of explanation.

And just like body said, if you dont wanna put up with it, then go to the MS Knowledge Database and find it there, or you can go to Microsoft's NewsGroups, or better yet why dont you call up MS and ask them directly since you want a quick answer to your qestion, im pretty sure they are smarter than "us idiots"

Yoda;
I'm not ignorant and I do see you need help with customizing your settings but the way you went about it was completely unorthodoxed. Calling us idiots and demanding help is no way to get you respect or help on this board. You keep your caps lock on yelling your text on this post makes you look even more like a fool. I don't mediate these boards and I'm sure the Adminstrator wouldn't like how you came along and bark an order at us.
Do yourself a favor, delete this post and start over again in a nice way, maybe you will get an answer you might be looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back