• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sun Java Vs. MSJVM

Sun Vs MS. Which is better?

• Sun Java

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • MS JavaVM

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

ming

OSNN Advanced
Not sure if this has been posted before, but want your views on the two versions of Java that are currently in use by nearly all you guys out there.

Which do you think is better and/or more reliable?

Having run Sun Java on a number of machines, it seems to me that it's not very stable and often causes a huge delays when running apps that require Java.
I never experience this with MS' version of JVM.

What do you think?

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
sun is more buggy on my box then ms

I have sun installed when ms doesn't work, but that happens hardley ever.
when I had 256 mbs of memory, the sun would reak havok, and was impossible to use

P

PseudoKiller

MS Java is a joke... MS dont like playing well with others so the problems related to Java and Windows might not have anything to do with whether it is MS Java or Sun's... plus in my limited experience w/ Java it would seem more likely that the 'buggyness' is due to poor programming and memory leaks and so on ... Java is slow and buggy to begin with.

the Sun Java HotSpot VM is better and more portable. I think it implements the newer features of Java, I am not sure which version of Java the MSJVM supports.

Personally would now say that you are better off compiling your java code with gcj as you can then run it with no JVM at all so its much faster

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
The MSJVM is Sun Java, just an insecure modification of it.

The CoolWebSearch browser hijack installs via a byte verifier exploit in unpatched M$JVM.

vern

Dominus
Political User
Unless the MS JVM does injustice to my system, I'd rather just stick with it. I'm not religious about what makes what ... just as long as it works.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix