suitable bussiness os???

@

@n!e

hi, may i know which os is more suitable for bussiness. windows 2000 or windows xp pro? thanks.:huh:

xp is the best. I hate 2000. Bu ti know most companies still use 2000....

Both Win2k and XP are very stable OS's.
XP has some better multimedia capabilities and additional performance-enhancing features such as prefetching, but it is built upon the 2k kernel itself.

I would recommend using XP Pro. :)

They are both very well suited but I too recommend XP pro.

bah XP has more problems then 2000 sp3 as well as with sp3 you gain preformance over xp its just more responcive

i have xp pro 2k pro and 2003 for a workstation i would use 2k for a TOY i would use xp thats all its good for for a real power system(games and work) i would get ahold of 2003 if ya wana try it grab a free eval from ms web addition works grate for a desktop os once ya take 10 min and tweak it :)

and yes i used xp pro for 7.5 months then after the 6th time i had to spend 45min fixing problems windows update caused i reverted to 2000 pro never had a problem with 2000pro that wasnt fixed with a litte knowlage and some manula driver updates :)

Windows 2000 Pro, i mean common not lke you need the toysrus look at work. Windows 2000 pro will do just fine.

lol toys'r'us thats koo i was thinkig fisher price :p

LMFAO ya know we soundt be saying this ms will probbly think its a good idea

bah XP has more problems then 2000 sp3 as well as with sp3 you gain preformance over xp its just more responcive
sounds to me like you must have had some compatability issues because XP is far better than 2k for performance in almost everything.

Windows 2000 Pro, i mean common not lke you need the toysrus look at work. Windows 2000 pro will do just fine.
You CAN disable all of that. It's not hard to do. I prefer to call it the "Teletubby interface"

everything i have is "xp" complient

its just the extra bs that xp has as well as poorly tested hot fixes

xp isnt faster in anything but load time thats becouse it dosnt load all the vxd's on boot 2k dose hence its gonna load programs faster once windows is up the boot times better sp3 think they opotmised the way it loads the files or something :)

teletubby LOL

still think it looks like fisherprice

and even dissabling that **** its still there 2003 has luna and thats it so no waisted space with extra theims also its faster then bouth 2k and xp :D

My question is... Why is it so hard to write in grammatically correct sentances.

Either OS is going to be ok for you.

Toys R Us ... Tellytubbies ... Fisher Price.
One simple solution:

Start>Run>services.msc
Disable Themes

:rolleyes:

uxtheme.dll is still loaded even is you dissable the service :/

besides 2k is just faster when in use

specs:
axp 2000+
ecs k7vta3 3.1
1gb ddr pc2100
kyroII video 64mb
soundblaster live plat
acard ata 133 card
80gb ibm hdd
20gb maxtor hdd
48x16x48 cdrw
56x cdrom
52xcdrom
52xcdrom

thats what i was running then still have it till tomarow when i get my l7s7a2 mobo and 1700+ tbred(oc the helll out of that baby) and tr2tt m2 hsf

all these things work grate with 2000 and 2003 xp would randomly fail to ini the vid card ms said it was a knowen issue and they where working on it

in reality xp was a rush job to make people who dont know crap about computer feel better becouse there os dose everything for them
theres a wizzard for everthing hell theres probbly one in thereto whipe ur butttt for ya to

IMHO if you cant do something with windows 2000 then maby you should just get a mac they do everything for you just like menny people seem to want

i traded 2 reetail copys of xp pro for one retail copy 2003 well worth the trade IMHO least 2003 dose what it should when you tell it to

also no stupid system restore agin if you cant fix ur owen screw-ups maby you should use a mac since there alot harder to mess up

done get me wrong i dont like mac think there pretty pointles my self would rather have my athlon then any mac out there

maby mac if they would all you to run 2003 on it natave insted of mac os

2k or 2k3 are the only os's that will touch my system no more xp pro/sp1 crap after 7.5 months of constant irratation i went back to 2000 and wow its soooo much faster then xp

then i got my free 2k3 rc2 disk and tryed that WOW what a dif then tryed the full version of 2k3 and was verry impressed once you tweak it (5-15 min) it loads in like 2/3 the time xp dose never slows down on shutdown time
no toys'r'us feeling to the os out of the box none of the bloat xp suffers

in short its what xp should have been but wasnt :)

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
sounds to me like you must have had some compatability issues because XP is far better than 2k for performance in almost everything.

You CAN disable all of that. It's not hard to do. I prefer to call it the "Teletubby interface"

yeah, but even so windows 2000 will be WAY more responsive, and my uncle who had to switch the entire NEC building in NL to Windows 2000 or XP choose 2000 since they found that more apps they needed ran on it, plus multimedia is disabled so games cant run =).

One more thing, a mac is not for n00bs anymore. Macs are now for people that just dont want a windows machine anymore in general. This is because it now has a really nice look to it, its based on BSD ( THe most mature OS around ), and is fast.

I have had a chance to test it, and now i really wish i had saved up some more cash for a Mac than waste my $500 on a PC for gaming which doesnt even work as i had expected. O well, ill get a mac some time, probably a nice iBook.

BTW, imac's work great in a work enviroment, and just for pleasure.

humm 500 what are your specs bet there in need of some help

Penguin

Thank you! I'm ROFLMFAO.

If you will check your post you will notice that the second sentence is a question. I believe a sentence that is a question calls for a question mark at the end, not a period.

Well, actually it's the sentence following the fragment but I didn't want to nit pick.

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back