Suggestions

J

Jason2k1

Hey everyone!

My friend has just designed a site for his squash club and i just wanted your opinions and suggestions on anyhting thats wrong with it.

http://www.mwhite.karoo.net/

I personally think that he needs a consistant menu system throughout the site, and he shud lose all them fancy effects on page enter n exit, n a few other things. What do you think?

Thanks

Jason

the ideas there, but yeah get rid of all the text slide effects, they just get annoying and you will loose visitors, as they might not want to return

is this evidence to prove to your mate hes a total failure. what id like change is the pictures are blurry and dull they need a seesion in the photoshop:blink: and them flyiin/out effects are dodgy get rid of them for somein like a fade in or out thatll be less scarey when it transitions:)

Well yeh, i don't really like the site too much, n i told him what i thought was wrong and could be improved, but he wouldn't listen, so i decided that he might listen to other people and make some changes so i asked you guys. Anything else you thinks wrong wiv it?

Originally posted by SnookBooger
He should have a link to the "Squash Club House."...;)
Whats "Squash Club house"? A website? if so ill pass the link on if you have the address.

No. He should make a page known as the "Squash Club House" and have a link to it from the front page. He can post/discuss anything he wants in it. Sorta a hang-out for squash players...:)

you mean like a forum availble to members only or sumthing like that, thats a goodd idea, but i dont think his server supports any scripting languages

Gaaah! Begone! No offence, but that site is horrible. And the coding is pretty scary too.

1. Moving flashy thing. Take it away.
2. Javascript errors as soon as I click anything.
3. Links and motion don't work in Mozilla and Opera because of the way it's coded. That's bad. And pointless.

Sorry for the harsh words, but I wouldn't visit that site more than once. I pretty sure I'm not the only one.

If he fixes the above mistakes I'll take a look at the details, like the menu you mensioned.

ya need to keep the pic of this chick no matter what he does to the site.
a_Vicky_Bot.jpg
:p :p

U pieces of ****ed up **** know jack all about how to design a website. That great squash website by that genious boy has been undermined by you all all and you should be ashamed. As a first attempt it is good and I agree could be improved but don't be such tight *******s and give him a chance.

Originally posted by 3005
U pieces of ****ed up **** know jack all about how to design a website. That great squash website by that genious boy has been undermined by you all all and you should be ashamed. As a first attempt it is good and I agree could be improved but don't be such tight *******s and give him a chance.

You don't seriously believe that is an example good web design do you? We are just giving pointers like the thread starter asked us for. The site doesn't even work in Opera, limiting a fair few users, the photos are crap quality, there are annoying moving thingys across the screen. Yeah, its alright for his first try but we're just giving some pointers. Not a good first post on ntfs 3005.

Originally posted by 3005
heh...

Originally posted by GoNz0
ya need to keep the pic of this chick no matter what he does to the site.
a_Vicky_Bot.jpg
:p :p
phwoar nice ass baby definately keeps this pic :happy:

the geezer has to accept criticism form potential users it happens in everyday life no matter what you do.

so he can either cry himself to sleep every nite or get his finger out of his ass and strart improving. thats how all things are done

specific critisism is always good and should be accepted.
things like "that ____ on the left is a bit too big, it looks out of place" or whatever is a help. obviously if someone posted "its crap" then that could be taken badly.

All i see in the posts before mine are people legitematly responding to the initial post.

And by the way, 3005 flaming is against the forum rules, please take more care in what you write in your next post.

hey if he wants to see some of our own work that we have done, then look in our sigs and stuff.

mine
currently not workin in mozilla and opera correctly (workin on that) and the domain isnt sorted out at the mo either, but its the rest of it. Look at it as some of my credentials.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back