suggestions welcome....

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
OK...here is my situation...I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro in my gaming box....I have a ATI Radeon 8500LE in my other XP box....and I have a nVidia TNT2 m64 that I was going to put in the linux box I am building...I then got the idea to move the 8500LE to the linux box and get another card for the other XP box...thing is...I don't want to spend alot on it...I have seen this on EBay.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2782629952&category=40158 and was thinking this might be fine for what I do on the machine. Its not a gaming box so I don't need a really high-end card in it...just want a step up from the 8500 I guess...would this be a good move?

The cards not worth that kind of money. It is a little better than the 8500 depending on the benchmark run. It is "sort of a DX9" card. But since it is not the 5600 ultra it's pretty limited.

The $89 bid price will end up at about the $119 buy it now price by end of auction.

For $150 you can get a real card or for $80-90 you can get a GE4-4200.

Personally I'd stay with the TNT2 card in the linux box and wait for card prices to keep on dropping with the spring releases.

Lists all the vid cards with multiple benchmarks. Warnign at Tom's hardware look at the performance graphs and ignore the recommendations.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

well...now that I reconsider things....I really am gonna just use the linux box as a server...so it doesnt need a killer card since it won't be running X...oh well...thanks for the input..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back