suggestions for a good cheap NIC

A

AmarSingh

My cable seems to be losing its connection ever now and then, and im almost sure that it a problem with the NIC. There are no new drivers for XP available for my current NIC, and I want to buy a new one. Any suggestions for a cheap one that works well with XP??

i just got dsl which requires a nic card. I bought the Netgear FA311. It was about $18 i believe. It works well and has the drivers in windows xp already.

Realteck 8139 family $9

Between my cards @ home, work, my girlfriend's and family I have about 15 of these running on Win98, WinME, WinXP and I was using Win2k. No problems. Highly recommended. Especially over any $100 3com.

Originally posted by pc_tek
i just got dsl which requires a nic card. I bought the Netgear FA311. It was about $18 i believe. It works well and has the drivers in windows xp already.

This is a good card. The only other budget card that I would recommend is the one this card replaced. The 310-TX. Many online stores still have them in stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back