Sudden Activation?

B

Bablos

XP Home was recently playing up on me - it was freezing at the log on screen. When I left it for a bit, I got a message saying that XP had ran into a problem and needed to be actuvated.

When the relevant activation screen came up, it said that my activation code had been used the maximum number of times, and that I needed to enter a new code. I contacted Microsoft who activated it for me, but they couldn't offer any explaination as to why the problem occurred.

Do you guys have any ideas? I haven't been handing out my product code, I haven't installed any new hardware, and I haven't had to reactivate other than when I first activated XP.

It's got me confused!

all i can suggest is call to reactivate and also tell them the problem you are having.

Oh yeah, that's already done. I explained the situation to Microsoft but they didn't have a clue as to what might have caused it. Within a few minutes I was activated again, after lots of number swapping with the bloke on the other end of the phone.

I just wish I knew how it had happened - all I'd done that was out of the ordinary was install lots and lots of demos from the DVD coverdisks of PC Format and PC Gamer from the last 3 months. Catching up. Of course, this shouldn't have had any effect whatsoever...

Someone might of got your activation code using one of the code creators. the new code creator released creates valid codes and one of them might have been yours

Originally posted by Qumahlin
Someone might of got your activation code using one of the code creators. the new code creator released creates valid codes and one of them might have been yours

Yup...that was my guess as well. Leave it to Microsoft to cling to its ego, even when their activation system was cracked even before its public release. A lot of critics predicted this would happen, along with the problem above, and boy did it!

I'm sure Microsoft isn't stupid. They know what is causing it, but won't tell you because Microsoft is never wrong. :rolleyes: I guess old Billy wasn't happy with $75 billion and wanted to crack that $100 billion mark.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back