Subwoofer problem

Chase™

NTFS Noob
My subwoofer started buzzing the other day and its driving me mad :mad: . I disconnected it and it is still buzzing with only the power connected?
the sub is a "David 250 D-Box" if anyone had a similar problem please let me know the cost or if it is posible to fix myself..

maybe it is seized or somethin. Does it stay at the same volume when u turn the sound up?

Is there something close by that might be causing feedback? A microphone or something?

stays at the same volume when turned up and nothing is near it besides my couch i've had this sub for about 6 years and it just started doing this..

do you leave it on all the time? i have a fairly big sub with its own amp and if you leave it on for > 3 hours or so without playing anything it makes these relatively quiet "electrical" buzzing noises. If you turn it off it goes away.

Old is not a bad thing for speakers....

1) grab a screwdriver, remove sub from box. Check box for anything that could cause rattling (lost/loose screws, hair balls, etc). Check the port (if there is one) for obstructions.

2) remove 'weatherstripping' from sub, grab some compressed air and blow the cone, surround, and voice coil. Make sure all dust is blown out.

3) run a bead of silicone around the cut out hole and replace speaker. Make sure to use just enough silicone to seal the box and not run out onto the speaker. Screw the mounting screws in tight. You can also add a very small amount of silicone to the screw holes.

4) make sure all connections (audio/electrical) are a) clean, not corroded and b) tight. This includes from the device sending the signal.

5) make sure no audio wires are crossing electrical wires.

6) Plug sub amp electrical into another outlet on a different circuit.

thanx dreamliner i will check that out how much do u think it would cost me to bring it in to a professional the reason i am asking it sounds like u know what u are talking about dreamliner..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back