Submit a Vista bug to Connect? Free Ultimate!

ming

OSNN Advanced
Free copies of Vista for official testers that submitted at least one bug

For those testers that were fortunate enough to be invited to the Windows Vista Technical Beta Program and submitted at least one bug, Microsoft thanks you. That thanks comes in the form of a full final copy of either Windows Vista Ultimate or Windows Vista Business.

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4979

Think I might have put this in wrong section, please move (if appropriate).:nervous:

Re: Free Windows Vista For Previous Beta Testers

Thread moved and title edited for clarity.

That would be nice, but I never found a bug to report :(

All the beta's were rock solid on my hardware...

Yeah received mine today, very excited I’m still pinching myself because I still cannot believe they have done this. I am honoured and shocked because I did not think Billy Gates would reward us beta testers with a copy of Vista. One is completely gutted though, because the download link has been down for hours now.

Connect subscribers could you please check your download link for me to see if you are getting the same.

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

It does not matter if I choose United States, Europe, Asia when I click on Download I get the same message all the time. Will try again later or maybe tomorrow.

I think the server are so busy I might have to wait until either around 02:00 or 05:00 to download because it looks as through all the invited people are downloading Vista and causing the server to only allow a certain amount of people to download. Or maybe I am talking complete and utter "cobs wallop..." Oh fudge. :cry:

The title is still a little misleading. It should say "MS complement Beta testers with a free copy of Vista"

Here is the reason why... I just found this on their Help and Support page via contact us. A little silly considering they should put this on the main page to warn everybody. :lick:

** Announcements **

File Downloads Currently Unavailable

November 17, 2006 (11:00 am Pacific Time):- At this time, file downloads are not working. This issue has been escalated to the operations team. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will post a notice as soon as the service has been restored.

It is unnecessary to report download failures at this time as we are aware of the problem and are actively working to resolve the issue. Thank you very much for your patience!

Last edited:
Got my email yesterday, hoping for Ultimate Edition.
You should have no problem getting it. The only "requirements" for an Ultimate key are that your computer should have a DVD drive, and a DVD decoder license (like WinDVD, PowerDVD etc.). Obviously, the latter is not an enforced prerequisite. :)

heh I have plenty of licensed dvd decoders, I must have had a copy of windvd with every mainboard and powerdvd with my last 3 LG burners :p

awesome ! I submitted one driver related bug (My Intel 2100 3B wireless adapter wasnt working) and I get a free copy :)

I never get picked to test these things ... I am jealous ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back