Style Xp

C

chronic

Hey I know you guys are a bunch of braniacs. Could ya help me out and explain how to fix this...if possible. Without reformatting.

Thanks

Well, the .cpp extension is for a C++ source file. Not really sure what the file is for cause I don't use StyleXP much. Might try uninstalling, redownloading, and then reinstalling.

One possible suggestion I could make would be to uninstall StyleXP and hex edit your own uxtheme.dll file instead. I know it sounds kinda risky, but this way you can use differnet themes without having to have third party software installed (even tho StyleXP makes changing themes a lot easier). I noticed that the website for StyleXP had a cracked uxtheme.dll file you could download that might work. If not, you can go check the guys at driverheaven.net for the hex editing details. (I believe you can do a search in uxtheme.dll with a hex editor and change 81 EC 80 00 00 00 56 57 to 33 F6 8B C5 C9 C2 08 00. Credit for this find goes to some guy at driverheaven I believe.) I'm not sure if this works for every version of uxtheme.dll or not, so make sure you backup the file incase it doesn't work.

Wow...25 looks and no answers...I thought this would be a snap for you guys.

Your trail period over by any chance? If it is or was and you didn't buy the program, and just thought you could uninstall it and then re-install it, it won't work.

:cool:

Iceman...I might be an idiot...but i'm not that stupid.

The problem is that I can't reinstall...l't prompts me with the attached error and aborts installation...

and yes it's a cracked version.

Get the uxtheme.dll, follow the instructions. I did, all themes work for me.

Originally posted by chronic
Iceman...I might be an idiot...but i'm not that stupid.

Sounds like you are to me, using cracked versions and dumb enough to post it here, but to each his own

have a nice day

Ice said it all. The only way you could fix it now is to buy the software and reformat. I'm glad software developers are getting smarter. Tweak-XP has one of the best systems I've seen. And StyleXP has come a long way, too.

Who's dumb? You guys are the ones always taking polls on who's running pirated versions of XP. What's the take...about 90% of you have stolen it, at least I paid for mine.

I am sure more people have paid for their copies, including myself. And that's besides the point, you asked for help on StyleXP, you got your answer. Now settle and spend the $20 or download the patched DLL file from TGSoft.

Thanks for a sensible reply matt...

Iceman...chill...I think you live just around the corner from me in don't you?

I am chilled, but you can't be talking about cracked versions of software in here is all.

Rock on dude

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back