style xp

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
hey guy's + (posibly gals) when i uninstall style xp + restart the logon screen goes 2 the old crappy "type in your username + password". the only way i can get it back 2 the welcome screen is 2 reinstall style xp + select it from under logons. how can i get the logonm screen 2 stay?

p.s i already downloaded the style xp patch thing so the start menu etc stay's as a changed theme, i jus can't work out why the logon screen changes + how 2 get it 2 stay as welcome screen:confused:

I think when you uninstall StyleXp everything goes back to default. I'm not quite sure, since I don't use it. My suggestion is simple. Download the login screen you like and overwrite the logonui.exe file, which is located in the system32 folder. Hope this helps you out.

i remember readin a thread bout it but i can't find it now any help plez?

Last time I ran StyleXP.. (dat piece of cr*p!!..) wiped my default XP themes as well!!.. which meant I couldnt change the appearance at-all :(

Had to re-install windows :( I wont touch it now with a bardge poll!!!

it didnt wipe out mine when i uninstalled it.

Henyman. I dont quite understand your problem is that that when you uninstall StyleXP the welcome screen that you had with StyleXP doesnt work or is it that it doesnt show up and the Ctrl+Alt+Del winNT/2K type logon appears?

Henyman. I dont quite understand your problem is that that when you uninstall StyleXP the welcome screen that you had with StyleXP doesnt work or is it that it doesnt show up and the Ctrl+Alt+Del winNT/2K type logon appears?

i use the defalt xp welcome screen + alway's have. when i uninstall style xp + totaly remove it from the system i get the old crappy 98 style screen ( please enter ur username/password)

the only way i can get my welcome screen back is 2 reinstall style xp + tell it 2 apply the logon screen even though it's the only 1 listed
:confused:

OK
Goto Start->Control Panel.
When Control Panel is open you should see an option that says "Change the Way Users Log on and Off"
Click it and then turn on the Welcome screen by ticking the box.
If it is already ticked then untick it press OK and then go back and tick the box again. This should give you the WinXP Welcome Screen back.

i tried that b4-it woz the first thing i tried but it still didn't work + the software expires in a week so i wan't 2 get a solution.......

any 1 any idea how i can "acuire" a registration number?

email support@tgtsoft.com.
Tell them your problem they should be able to help you. They also might give you a reg key that will keep StyleXP alive for another month. They sent one to me. The keys are all hardware dependent, as the software makes a hardware key, so you would need to email that to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back