Style XP Install Error

D

DannyTip

After running style xp for about i week i started recieving an error and i could not enable it. I thought id try and uninstall it in the hope that if i reinstall it would work. But now when i run setup i get the following error message...

error.jpg

Anyone got any ideas how it could be fixed without a reformat ?

:(

Sorry, DannyTip that error means the expiration time on the trial has expired. you just can't uninstall it and then reinstall it, and try to get another 30 days.

2 options, buy the program, or get the hacked uxtheme.dll from TGTsoft's own website.

:cool:

Ok thought it might of been that actually when i realised it was actually a trail lol :)

Right ive started to install the patch thing from there website but ive got a bit stuck. Where it says......

7) Assuming your system directory is c:\windows\system32 go into the directory c:\windows\system32. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.bak or some other name. Copy uxtheme.pat to uxtheme.dll.

Ive done all the other steps fine and ive renamed uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.bak but i don't understand what i means by

"Copy uxtheme.pat to uxtheme.dll."

Please help quick :)

Just copy the uxtheme.pat file to the \windows\system32 directory and rename it to uxtheme.dll. It's just a different way of doing the same thing.

my first actual post

it means rename uxtheme.bat to uxtheme.dll but also dont foget to go to the dllcache folder and delete the uxtheme.dll first or else it wont work.

munkeex

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back