Style Xp Error

N

nick1gbr

when i boot into win xp pro i get the following message " Failed to communicate with the helper" and stlye xp takes all of my nice desktop away :-(

i have tried uninstalling style xp and reinstalling and to no effect

Please help.

i have not installed anything or doing any alterations to windows b4 this happened and it has been working ok for about 3 months.

--Nick--

whilst were on this topic! i recently uninstalled StyleXP, and now i cant reinstall it. when i open the exe to install, after i click accept, i get this error message:

The installation key is invalid
D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\tgtSec\tgtSecprovider.ccp( 591) : 0xC0040409

on my computer the directory (D:\source) doesnt exist!

Hopefully someone can help us both out please!

J

Have you tried contacting styleXP website or FAQ.

I paid out for StyleXP, and found it to be awful too, so i wasted my money for nothin :(

Now using windowblinds, and although it doesnt skin the common tasks in windows (but will in later releases apparently), it IS M$ certified, hell they even list it on M$ web!!

I get the same command line with my error...

D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\tgtSec\tgtSecprovider.ccp( 591) : 0xC0040409

Any help would be appreciated

--Nick--

You dont actually need Style XP to use your themes there is another thread on this forum that tells you how you can do it.

Originally posted by nick1gbr
when i boot into win xp pro i get the following message " Failed to communicate with the helper" and stlye xp takes all of my nice desktop away :-(

i have tried uninstalling style xp and reinstalling and to no effect

Please help.

i have not installed anything or doing any alterations to windows b4 this happened and it has been working ok for about 3 months.

--Nick--

This happens if your copy has expired the trial period or you've hacked it. believe me I know :)

heres the emial I sent tgtsoft with the same error

Please try to reinstall. Does this fix the problem?
Have you run any registry cleaner programs lately? Some registry
cleaners will recommend to remove registry entries that Style XP needs.
If reinstalling does not fix the problem, check the expiration date of
Style XP.
This error can be caused by Style XP being expired.
If you are expired and would like to evaluate Style XP a little while
longer, send me your hardware id and I will send you a key to extend
your trial period by one week.
Thank you,
support@tgtsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 2:33 AM
To: support@tgtsoft.com
Subject: Error Report

Style XP Version 1.000000
Failed to communicate with Helper
D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\StyleXPPatcher\StyleXPPatcher.cpp( 510)

The data area passed to a system call is too small.
D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\StyleXPPatcher\StyleXPPatcher.cpp( 508) :
0x8007007A

Exactly, this error is caused when a failed attempt to crack the StyleXP theme manager or when your trial period expires. The only way to solve this is to purchase the software. Good luck.

Thank you....

It looks like i need to find another themes editor!!!!!

--Nick--

I've been using StyleXP for awhile now, and yes, I paid for it. It has worked great for me and hasn't slowed my system or given me any grief yet. Sorry to hear it's giving someone problems....:(

Originally posted by Eolis
I've been using StyleXP for awhile now, and yes, I paid for it. It has worked great for me and hasn't slowed my system or given me any grief yet. Sorry to hear it's giving someone problems....:(

That's because you paid for it; they have not done so.

nick1gbr, just use the dll patch, also available on the StyleXP site. This patch is free to download and it never expires.

Thank you maddmat... I will try that see if i can get my desktop back

--Nick--

can someone please upload the dll file to this thread? i cant seem to find it on tgtsoft web page...

thanks.

uxthemepatch

Here is the link. You have install and restart. This will get your XP Style up and running

The dll patch is called UXThemer... its on the left side menu.

But remember to virus scan all files before opening it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back