Stuttering videos in Windows XP

N

nomax

Hi there,
I have a problem with my PC, not sure if it's caused by the video card (Sapphire Radeon 9700) or something else, anyways if you have any suggestion, please reply.
My configuration is:
Pentium 4 2.4Mhz
1GB DDR PC2700 RAM
ASUS P4B533-E
Sapphire Radeon 9700 (catalyst 3.0 / DX9)
O.S.: Windows XP Professional SP1 - Windows Media Player 9.0

The problem is that all my DivX/MPEG2 movies are stuttering... They worked beautifully until a week ago and now when I play them I can notice a 1/10 sec. pause (the screen kind of freezes) every 5/6 seconds. I didn't install any new hardware so I don't think it's an hardware related problem.
I installed DivX 5.03 and that was the first thing that came to my mind when I noticed the video defect, so I tried to go back to a previous configuration using the restore utility and then reinstalling DivX 5.02, but nothing worked. Besides that I think that if it was a problem with the DivX codec it would only affect DivX videos, not just any video being played with MediaPlayer or other players (I even tried the good old WMP 6.4)... Any idea on how I could fix this?
Thanks!

Nomax

other people have had problems after installing divx 5.03. So i think thats the cause of your problems.

I tried to uninstall DivX 5.03 but the problem is still there.:huh: Who knows, maybe the uninstaller doesn't actually delete all the .dll and filters...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back