Stupid XP issues

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Our pc provider used to ship us white boxes. Now for some dumb reason they include a windows xp, preloading with crap much like dell. I spend time uninstalling, with that done I begin configuring (I use the normal start menu, the classic theme, disable auto updates etc) then I add them to the domain. After a reboot all my configuration are gone, anyone who logs in gets the default theme, start menu and that retarded take a tour balloon.

I want all of this gone. I was using a custom install disk with all those options stripped out but with windows preinstalled I can't do that. Is there something I can do that will allow all my local admin settings to be applied for everyone who logs in henceforth?

Sounds like you had an account with your profile and its logging into the default profile rather than the one you setup.

Log out, log-in to the one you setup and your configuration changes should be present.

Then you can go around setting up the guest profiles.

It's not guest profiles so much. The issue applies to the other domain users who login. They all have the default profile assigned to them.

If it is Windows XP with SP2, log in with the local administrator account (not with admin priveleges, but "administrator"). By behavior, all future accounts will inherit settings set forth by this account. They changed that after SP2.

That being said, it may not apply in this case - depends on how your OEM set up the details on it.

Could it be also that there is a mandatory profile that is being picked up from somewhere, or that the machine somehow is inheriting a group profile?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back