Stupid XP issues

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
Our pc provider used to ship us white boxes. Now for some dumb reason they include a windows xp, preloading with crap much like dell. I spend time uninstalling, with that done I begin configuring (I use the normal start menu, the classic theme, disable auto updates etc) then I add them to the domain. After a reboot all my configuration are gone, anyone who logs in gets the default theme, start menu and that retarded take a tour balloon.

I want all of this gone. I was using a custom install disk with all those options stripped out but with windows preinstalled I can't do that. Is there something I can do that will allow all my local admin settings to be applied for everyone who logs in henceforth?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Sounds like you had an account with your profile and its logging into the default profile rather than the one you setup.

Log out, log-in to the one you setup and your configuration changes should be present.

Then you can go around setting up the guest profiles.

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
It's not guest profiles so much. The issue applies to the other domain users who login. They all have the default profile assigned to them.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
If it is Windows XP with SP2, log in with the local administrator account (not with admin priveleges, but "administrator"). By behavior, all future accounts will inherit settings set forth by this account. They changed that after SP2.

That being said, it may not apply in this case - depends on how your OEM set up the details on it.

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
Could it be also that there is a mandatory profile that is being picked up from somewhere, or that the machine somehow is inheriting a group profile?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut