Stupid World of Warcraft question.

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I don't play MMO's, just can't get into them. A group of my friends and I got WoW because of the season premiere of South Park. They like it, I don't. I can't stand kill x amount of this or go here on this poorly conceived map or really any of the quests I've been sent on. It only cost me $20 and I've still got a few weeks left of my trial but after that.... anything? Can I sell or even GIVE my account away? I just don't want to see the software go to waste.

Yes and No...

You can freely give the account and the software to someone who wants the account; however, they will need their own game cards or credit account info on the account to be able to use it long term...

It depends on exactly what the license agreement says, but mlakrid's advice is good - if you gave the account away you would need to delete the c.card information so that the new person could pick up the account.

If you have someone in mind to give the account to then you may want to call blizzard customer services first to notify them when the other person is taking it over, that you want to delete details etc etc.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'm still playing with the trial, now that I'm a higher level I get better quests but I'm still wandering around and dying a LOT. The map doesn't seem to give any real advice other than wander over this-a-way and see what you find. I'll see what happens before I make any hasty decisions. Thanks again!

The game doesn't really start until you hit level 60.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'm still playing with the trial, now that I'm a higher level I get better quests but I'm still wandering around and dying a LOT. The map doesn't seem to give any real advice other than wander over this-a-way and see what you find. I'll see what happens before I make any hasty decisions. Thanks again!

Just keep in mind the maps provided are simply a guide... and Blizzard made it that way on purpose... if you want a hand delivered go X, do Y, and return Z, then you are in for a non-enjoyable experience...

You can make your questing MUCH easier and more fruitful albeit less enlightening by visiting http://wow.allakhazam.com/ or other similar sites...

They will show you in detail where to go, where vertain people are, and what locations are best for finding the creatures you need to kill etc...
Good luck!

The game doesn't really start until you hit level 60.

EP just curious what server are you on? Also you play horde right?

I think he's horde...a tauren hunter IIRC. As to the thread subject, I'd sell it at least for what you'd paid for it (or more, or give it away if you wish). Blizzard cares on paper, but the only way they'd care about your account is if you got a character to level 60 in three weeks and sold it off for $200.

If I ever play WoW again, that's the way I'm going. Screw leveling.

Your best bet to transferring your account would be to cancel the credit card payment and get a gamecard. Yes, you have to pay for that month, but I guess you can throw it into the price. Getting the gamecard gets your credit card out of their system

I think he's horde...a tauren hunter IIRC. As to the thread subject, I'd sell it at least for what you'd paid for it (or more, or give it away if you wish). Blizzard cares on paper, but the only way they'd care about your account is if you got a character to level 60 in three weeks and sold it off for $200.

If I ever play WoW again, that's the way I'm going. Screw leveling.

That is one thing I loved with EQ2. I was in a hardcore raiding guild (top 5 game wide .. i.e. all servers), decided to leave because I despise SoE :) . I used their Station Exchange thing, and basically got this result (bear in mind the toon was a lvl 55, they had the max lvl at 60, so it was right after they released the expansion pack):

Listing Fee: $10
Final sale price: $595
SoE cut (10%): $59.50
My cut: $525.50

Another person from my guild did the same with his main. He left after we caught him stealing money from the guild bank. You cant directly transfer money over to your new server (the station exchange server), so he/the others that sold bought horses and sold them back for a little loss, but he ended up making about $3000 with his character + gold.

Dont think you can do that now cuz the game isn't as popular, but.

Hey BouncingSoul, just watch the South Park episode "Make love not Warcraft". You'll learn a lot. :rolleyes:

Sory, I just could not help it. :nervous: :p

Hey BouncingSoul, just watch the South Park episode "Make love not Warcraft". You'll learn a lot. :rolleyes: Sory, I just could not help it. :nervous: :p

That's the whole reason I got it. Tonights episode was great too btw.

That's the whole reason I got it. Tonights episode was great too btw.

Nooo shiit :laugh: That's crazy. :p

I got that whole episode on my phone. Along with about 6 other episodes. If I get bored, I watch South Park. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back