Stupid Windows...

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I have a problem that whevener I open the explorer program, with the folders, and i navigate using the folders on the left, explorer closes itself. How could I stop this from happening? Anyone else have this problem?

Android412

OSNN Addict
Is it just random folders, or certain ones that cause the crash? How long has it been happening? Have you updated/installed something that could have caused the problem?

Give us some background on it.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Stupid EXPLORER you mean (but yeah, it is part of windoze!)

I once had something nearly (but not quite) like this... have you got any scripts running that might hook into explorer? You know what I mean I am sure - customizing maybe - that kinda stuff?

He was right - we need more to go on for this one.... ;)

L

Lee

Vetrius said:
I have a problem that whevener I open the explorer program, with the folders, and i navigate using the folders on the left, explorer closes itself. How could I stop this from happening? Anyone else have this problem?

Tell us your set up, operating system, peripherals, service packs, printer, scanner etc....

Then we might know a solution or a pointer to help.

~bk

I
Political Access
Maybe some type of Spyware is causing these problems.

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
k, windows xp pro, sp2 beta, hp deskjet 682c... ummm. dunno what to tell you... i think i might have it figured out... i always install on every computer i own pop-up stopper pro... goes into ie and stops pop-ups... its any folder at all that i click on that crashes/closes it.... i'm gonna try turning ir off tonite when i get home...

Graebob

Generally Random
Probably something in the service pack thats causing the conflict with pop-up stopper. After all, I doubt pop up stopper was designed to work under sp2!

Turn it off. SP2's version of IE has popup blocking enabled anyway as far as I know.

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I'm gonna try that... It just seems to do that on any computer that I use... and computer I've ever owned has always done that... SP2. 1, or just installed... it works fine for months and then it just stops working... Its annoying and because of it, I've developed this bad habit of running everything through run on the start menu...

ignipotentis

OSNN Addict
Can you post a screenshot with a circle around the suposed "folders on the left." I want to be sure I know what you are speaking of.

Thanks!

ignipotentis

OSNN Addict
ignipotentis said:
Can you post a screenshot with a circle around the suposed "folders on the left." I want to be sure I know what you are speaking of.

Thanks!

Nevermind! Damn, I'm stupid... allright, I know which explorer you are refering too... Off to find a cure!

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I fixed it, it was just my pop-up stopper from Panicware. I got it all fized, I just gotta remember to turn off my pop-up stopper whenver i use it, thanks all for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmilyFox