• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stupid Windows...

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I have a problem that whevener I open the explorer program, with the folders, and i navigate using the folders on the left, explorer closes itself. How could I stop this from happening? Anyone else have this problem?

Is it just random folders, or certain ones that cause the crash? How long has it been happening? Have you updated/installed something that could have caused the problem?

Give us some background on it.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Stupid EXPLORER you mean (but yeah, it is part of windoze!)

I once had something nearly (but not quite) like this... have you got any scripts running that might hook into explorer? You know what I mean I am sure - customizing maybe - that kinda stuff?

He was right - we need more to go on for this one.... ;)

L

Lee

Vetrius said:
I have a problem that whevener I open the explorer program, with the folders, and i navigate using the folders on the left, explorer closes itself. How could I stop this from happening? Anyone else have this problem?

Tell us your set up, operating system, peripherals, service packs, printer, scanner etc....

Then we might know a solution or a pointer to help.

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
k, windows xp pro, sp2 beta, hp deskjet 682c... ummm. dunno what to tell you... i think i might have it figured out... i always install on every computer i own pop-up stopper pro... goes into ie and stops pop-ups... its any folder at all that i click on that crashes/closes it.... i'm gonna try turning ir off tonite when i get home...

Graebob

Generally Random
Probably something in the service pack thats causing the conflict with pop-up stopper. After all, I doubt pop up stopper was designed to work under sp2!

Turn it off. SP2's version of IE has popup blocking enabled anyway as far as I know.

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I'm gonna try that... It just seems to do that on any computer that I use... and computer I've ever owned has always done that... SP2. 1, or just installed... it works fine for months and then it just stops working... Its annoying and because of it, I've developed this bad habit of running everything through run on the start menu...

ignipotentis said:
Can you post a screenshot with a circle around the suposed "folders on the left." I want to be sure I know what you are speaking of.

Thanks!
Nevermind! Damn, I'm stupid... allright, I know which explorer you are refering too... Off to find a cure!

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
I fixed it, it was just my pop-up stopper from Panicware. I got it all fized, I just gotta remember to turn off my pop-up stopper whenver i use it, thanks all for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi