stupid logitech mouse

D

drahzar

K, i got a logitech optical mouse, and whenever i play cs with it, all my movements are delayed about half a second. It is not lag, computer or server. I downloaded the latest patch from logitech, i even downloaded the gaming patch from their site which said it would make it so i wouldnt have to end task em_exec. Still nothing, even when i end tasked em_exec. Anyone know what's wrong?

Try uninstalling the Logitech drivers and see if the same problem exists when you are back on Microsofts default drivers.

Tried windows drivers, tried windows drivers + cstrike fix, tried logitech drivers + cstrike fix, nada.

If its the cordless mouseman optical, its just a P.O.S. That came with my keyboard and the f'ing thing is worthless... if you stop using it for 2 seconds it goes into some kind of battery saver mode and you have to click to get it to wake up

That's odd, I have the Cordless Optical Freedom, and mine never goes to sleep that fast, usually takes 5 mins, and even then, all I have to do is move it, it then wakes up.

I'm usin the just optical, not cordless. I found out on cs boards that a lot of people have this problem, and there dont seem to be any good fixes... :(

I assume you've plugged in a different kind of mouse and still have the same problem??

Maybe try changing it's connection from USB to PS2 or vice-a-versa.

I've used four different versions of Logitech optical mice and they're all good for CS.

Although, the above comment about the logetich cordless optical being a POS is 100% accurate.

If this new one is as good as this review says, it will be incredible. I'm definetly going to try one:
http://www.earthv.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=703

Haven't tried new mouse, would have to go buy one. And I tried changing ports, didn't help.

Try to increase the Sample-Frequency.

You can change this in the Device manager under the advanced tab of the mouse properties.

See also screendump

optical mouses are no good for playing games like Cs etc, yuor better off gettin a ball mouse to play thoes games with

I agree with Surge, just get a normal ball mouse, it would work just fine.

Borrowed a ball mouse from a friend, still messed. sample frequency is maxed

Originally posted by surge
optical mouses are no good for playing games like Cs etc, yuor better off gettin a ball mouse to play thoes games with

If based on personal preference. I have a Dual optical mouse, by Logitech, and it works better then any ball mouse, including my boomslang.

Try turning off the "enhance pointer precision". Once you do that you will need to adjust the pointer speed. You'll find it via Control Panel - Mouse

i have a logitech optical mouse and it runs fine with all games that ive come across so far :)

I've had this problem but it wasn't the mouse. Usually it goes away if I change from OpenGL to D3D or back (depending on what I was running first).

YES dual optical(600dpi) logitech rocks in all games just rember to set mouse or pointer accelaration to max it is low by default ,mine is optical and cordless best i have ever used get 50-60 days on duracell utra m3 batteries all other not as lond.

I tried 'tweaking' my mouse settings and I don't think that it's simply a case of maxing the settings. Try putting the settings back to default values and see what happens.

My standard ball mouse didn't work too well with a maxed out sample rate.

I'd also shave to say that if your mouse works fine on everything BUT CS then it must be CS that's goosed...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back