stupid ide question

macromp

the retarded one
ok, i was thinking about getting an Abit KV8-MAX3 mobo and it has s-ata...does that mean i have to buy a s-ata hard drive or will my old eide one work (i'm thinking no!)

you should still have at least 2 ide channels... one fdd channel and then your s-ata channels...

-edit-

ide.jpg

there you can see the primary and secondary IDE channels...

and following is the complete board layout...

kv8.jpg

ok thanks, i've looked at those pictures about 8 times and still have no idea if they'll work lol =\

what do you mean work ?

which p-ata or s-ata ?

afaik both should work perfectly fine and you have multiple RAID options...

however if you can afford a 64bit processor and that mobo.. you should be able to afford a cheaper s-ata drive too :cool:

yeah i think it's best, i think i'll scrap the tft and get one of them s-ata things and more ram!

ok before i go there...my current hdd is a Seagate Barracuda 80Gb 7200rpm UDMA100 Hard Drive, will that work on that motherboard?

yes m8... thats what I have been saying from the first post...

:cool:

the first pic I posted is the IDE channels which your IDE drive will plug into... max of 4 IDE devices will be supported in those 2 IDE channels..

ok, thanks, i just get edgy when there's something new that i don't understand =P (most things to do with pooters, by the time i've learnt it it's out of date)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back