Stupid Driver Question

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
How do I find out what version nVidia driver I have?

New PC, haven't installed any updated drivers. I keep trying to install PanitShop Pro but it hangs at a certain point. I found this on Corel's site:
Details

The Paint Shop Pro 9 and X installation typically stops and hangs on the "Registering Modules" portion of the install. This behavior can also happen when attempting to run the program after installing. The article below will walk you through resolving this issue.
Answer

Computer hardware configurations including dual core processors and nVidia 6x and 7x GeForce Graphic cards could conflict with certain versions of Paint Shop Pro. This hardware configuration used in conjunction with nVidia's 81.85, 81.87, 81.94, 81.95 and 82.12 Forceware driver causes failure of the Paint Shop Pro X interface to display.

To resolve this problem, uninstall the aforementioned drivers and install latest driver version 84.21 released March 2006. See the following nVidia web pages for more information about the 84.21 driver and uninstalling nVidia drivers. When updating video card drivers, uninstalling your current drivers before installing new drivers is a critical step.

Driver Un-installation instructions.
Copy and paste the following URL into your web browser address bar.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

Driver 84.21download and information -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.

Release Notes for 84.21
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.21/84.21_Forceware_Release_Notes.pdf
*Page 9 states "Windows XP: Corel Paint Shop Pro X does not work on dual-core processors."

But I don't want to update my drivers if I don't have to. :s

Ah hah, found this :s Guess I have to upgrade my drivers

Attachments

• nVidia.jpg
    nVidia.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 111
Why do the f***ed up things always happen to me?

I uninstalled then reinstalled the new drivers and I couldn't connet to the net. I did a system restore and I can connect.

That is the freakiest video driver story I've heard.

By any chance did you uninstall the MB NF chipset drivers and then just put back in the video driver?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back