Studying Music/Tips

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
If like me you like to have some nice background music going while your studying what is your favourite? Or if you have any good suggestions that you've found work well while studying it up, post those too.

I've found that some softer classical works very well, just loud enough to hear but not enough to really disturb your focus. Post your thoughts.

Here are a few things I've found help:
? 'Trance' or passive electrical music, no vocals
? Chamber Music
? Anything Bach
? Music with uplifting beat to keep the mood high, found 'Spanish guitar' music to be especially good here
? lots of good techno/rave stuff based on classical music that works very well
? quick breaks, nothing more than 5 minuites or I won't come back
? good lighting, best is natural light
? back support, soft seat though
? neutral arm position, have a desk about mid-level

yeah...anything without vocals works...it theres singing it takes away from what ur reading

Classical is good
Jazz
Pink Floyd
Miles Davis
and oddly enough I focus well with Metallica's And Justice For All..

I find that Jean Michael Jarre, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream or Enigma usually work for me; anything New Age or Instrumental.

muzikool said:
My favorite as well. :D

Same here. Trance works well for me too, though.
smile.gif

downtempo such as Kruder & Dorffmeister and Thievery Corporation work really well for me.

Chicane win for me, hands down, their track "Overture" is awesome. Oscar Peterson is an excellent jazz pianist (/me waits for the "pianist = ..." joke) who helps me while I code :)

netryder said:
Trance works well for me too, though

Trance works well for anything :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back