Street/trip mapping software...

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Quick question: what do you think the best (or at least good) mapping program there is out there for printing out decent street maps for trips?

I have M$ Streets and Trips 2000 and it works ok, but a little outdated now...

I use mapquest all the time.

Mapquest

I think yahoo does it too.

And Rand McNally.

I have a "Thomas Guide" for L.A. I'm pretty sure they have a set of cd's for cars too. (Or something like that)

Thanks everyone. I ended up using my copy of M$ Street n Trips, which is part of MS Works2000 when I originally got my first PC. My intent was to map out my vacation route.

I really wish I didn't need the CD every time I want to map out a location though. :mad: Plus, I have to install MS Works (partially) just to get this program on my PC which requires me to juggle 3 different CDs.

I don't know if Streets & Trips 2000 has this feature, but you have the option of copying the entire database onto your hard drive in S&T 2002 and 2003 . You don't need the CD after that. With the size of drives these days, that's a feasible solution. Uninstall the application and try reinstalling it to see if you have this option. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back