STRANGE XP Password Problem

D

Drew52

I have a new computer that came pre-loaded with XP Home Edition. No matter what settings I select, the system WILL NOT remember ANY passwords in ANY application. I'll get the pop up box asking me if I want Windows to remember logons & passwords at browser screens but it does not remember them, when I visit the same site, I'll get the dialog box again, offering to save the info.

My Outlook/Outlook Express is also affected, although I have everything set correctly to remember my mail account password, I have to enter it EVERY time I access my mailbox? You can actually see the checkmark next to the "Remember Password" at the logon screen, but its greyed out??? Does anyone have ANY idea of what could be causing this??? ANY help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!:confused:

Have you disabled any services? like protected storage? I belive if that service is not running it will not store passwords and such, but i'm not 100% sure, cehck to see it's status.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back