Strange "white screen of doom" problem with GF4 4200

Kuja

OSNN Addict
I've had this card, since christmas, getting it from my uncle in a whole new computer. Problem is, my mobo fried, and i have since been unable to get a new one, so I stuck my GF4 4200 into my old computer. Hmm, it works.... to an extent. It crashes @ a certain few games... The Thing, Unreal 2, Unreal 2K3, even C&C Generals on rare occations. Today it crashed on Serious Sam II, so im like, F THIS..... and I logged onto NTFS and posted this msg.. lol....

Anyways, the crash is ALWAYS, the same..... its not much of a crash, my screen just suddenly turns pure white, usually crosshatched with red or other colored dots. My computer hard freezes, and i have to punch the restart button...

I myself, is thinking its the crappy comp... GA-7ZM mobo, 1.4 T-bird unclocked to 1.1ghz cause stupid mobo only supports 100mhz FSB, 196 megs of ram, 2x80 gb drives, a 480 or so Watt power supply (Enermac), and etc.... (dvd, cd-rom....)

Im thinking it also might be a stupid Bios setting or something.... cause my geforce Mx 400 ran them fine with no crashes (ergo, very f'in slow.. :S).. so....

If any of you, have any clue... about whats wrong with it, please, leave a message.. or a solution... :)

What about trying different drivers? Which one are you using at the moment?

right now, 44.03... but i've gone through, like at least 6 or 7 driver sets after I got it.. kept updating drivers when new ones came out, so im thinking its not the drivers....

Hmm, how would I go about doing that?

EDIT: wait, dxdiag .... then what would i do? or is that the wrong one...

Find system information in the start menu & open it up. Go to tools. It is in there.

[EDIT - that's it] :D

Hmm, :S... says no problems where found in anything....

That was quick. Did you run the tests going through the different tabs?

Yup.. Display, Sound, Music, Input, Network. All passed with no problems... :S

Only other thing I can think of is to reseat the card & make sure all connections are snug.

Hmm... could it be a bios setting problem, or maybe the card got damaged when the mobo fried? hmm...

Ya, my mobo bios is @ newest... video card bios hasnt been changed...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back