• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Strange "white screen of doom" problem with GF4 4200

Kuja

OSNN Addict
I've had this card, since christmas, getting it from my uncle in a whole new computer. Problem is, my mobo fried, and i have since been unable to get a new one, so I stuck my GF4 4200 into my old computer. Hmm, it works.... to an extent. It crashes @ a certain few games... The Thing, Unreal 2, Unreal 2K3, even C&C Generals on rare occations. Today it crashed on Serious Sam II, so im like, F THIS..... and I logged onto NTFS and posted this msg.. lol....

Anyways, the crash is ALWAYS, the same..... its not much of a crash, my screen just suddenly turns pure white, usually crosshatched with red or other colored dots. My computer hard freezes, and i have to punch the restart button...

I myself, is thinking its the crappy comp... GA-7ZM mobo, 1.4 T-bird unclocked to 1.1ghz cause stupid mobo only supports 100mhz FSB, 196 megs of ram, 2x80 gb drives, a 480 or so Watt power supply (Enermac), and etc.... (dvd, cd-rom....)

Im thinking it also might be a stupid Bios setting or something.... cause my geforce Mx 400 ran them fine with no crashes (ergo, very f'in slow.. :S).. so....

If any of you, have any clue... about whats wrong with it, please, leave a message.. or a solution... :)

Kuja

OSNN Addict
right now, 44.03... but i've gone through, like at least 6 or 7 driver sets after I got it.. kept updating drivers when new ones came out, so im thinking its not the drivers....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies