Strange Vista error

Weird Vista Problem, Help please :)
In the past week while playing World of Warcraft my computer will sometimes reboot or just shutoff and then in the event log just after i see this:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

my specs are as follows:

ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz LGA 775 65W
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
EVGA 01G-P3-1284-AR GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) I have two of these kits for a total of 8 gigs of ram
I'm running Vista 64bit
I have no OCs except the video card which was done by EVGA, everything is stock.

According to speedfan my tempratures idle are:

core 0=36
core 1=35
gpu=39 fan speed is 50%

Reading around google I have found that it may be related to memory timing/voltage. There was also mention of a worm but I don't seem to be affected by that.

It just started rebooting my machine within the last week, by looking in the event viewer it seems I've been getting this error for months.

I deleted the WMI repository and rebuilt it.

My computer shutdown again while it was idle at the desktop with firefox open and 3 tabs, one being youtube, Upon reaching windows I now have this error in the event viewer:

event id 15016 Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

I'm really lost at the moment since microsoft says that i can ignore that error, but it also popped up with my previous WMI errors. This just started happening in the last week, I have not installed any new software/hardware or changed anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not even sure on how to go about troubleshooting this.

I've tried the second option..we will see how it goes. This is really strange..I mean I'm not even sure if its software related or hardware related. I just built this machine 4 months ago so its pretty much new.

check to see if the memory is on the list of supported vendors for the board, i had some issues with that a while back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back