Strange Soldier of Fortune II problem

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
the past couple of days...while playing SOF2....the game would just stop right in the middle of the action and just kick me back to my desktop and the display is all messed up. I can still see the items on my desktop but...the display is really BRIGHT....anyone have any idea what might be causing this?...:(

first thing update your drivers and check your resolution both in windows desktop and in game and did u overclocked your graphic card if u did or did't check it out.

Originally posted by gballard
the past couple of days...while playing SOF2....the game would just stop right in the middle of the action and just kick me back to my desktop and the display is all messed up. I can still see the items on my desktop but...the display is really BRIGHT....anyone have any idea what might be causing this?...:(

i have the same EXACT problem, i dont know what is doing it, in the middle of playing and all of a sudden i get a windows xp error box on the sof2mp.exe and i hit ' dont send' and it just goes to desktop with it really bright

edit, and i even formatted like 3 times and i still get the same problem, different drivers and everything, nothing helped

Are you all using the gold patch? Maybe its a patch problem. I havent played Sof2 in a long time but I seem to remember a problem with it not running right if the game resolution was set differently than your desktop resolution. Like I said, its been awhile, maybe this was already cleared up.

Originally posted by **ANIMAL**
Are you all using the gold patch? Maybe its a patch problem. I havent played Sof2 in a long time but I seem to remember a problem with it not running right if the game resolution was set differently than your desktop resolution. Like I said, its been awhile, maybe this was already cleared up.

i use the gold patch.. and my resolution is different ingame than my desktop, i could try setting them the same

Originally posted by eldee
i use the gold patch.. and my resolution is different ingame than my desktop, i could try setting them the same

just tried it... got the same error

wow...for once I am not the only person having a problem with something...I will have to check bout the resolutions tho....I know my video card isnt over-clocked tho...

Try this: /com_soundmegs 48. Solved all my crashing problems. I think it has something to do with those crappy Audigy drivers but not completely sure. In MP the sound would loop for a second, graphics froze & the game crashed to desktop without any errors or messages. The colours would be all bright. I just doubled my soundmegs. Hunkmegs is set to 512 but it won't make any different in speed or loadingtimes.

Try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back