Strange problem...

D

DarkSiege

For no reason at all, when I press Alt+Ctrl+Del the windows system manager thing doesn't come up. I don't know why that happened...can anyone help?

Also does it come up at all when you right click on the taskbar and select task manager?

Nothing happens when I click on Task Manager on the taskbar and it doesn't come up at all. (not in system tray)

That's wierd. Open a command window and type in 'sfc /scannow' to see if you have any file corruption going on. My next concern would be along the lines of a trojan or virus covering it's tail... do a system scan and make sure you're clean.

I ran the scan but what is supposed to happen after the scan? The scan just finished and didn't say anything...
What free anti-virus software can I use? I think it might be a virus...(hope not...):(

I found out that I have a virus!!!:(
Trying to find a solution now...:(

I have located the infected files but aren't able to delete them because they are in use. Does anyone know how to stop them from being in use so I can delete them?

Dude, go to google.com (I forget the exact URL for this) and search for AVG AntiVirus. It's free and updates are very frequent. I'm not quite sure of a remedy for the problem you are having with ending the program running because you can't get into TaskManager. I had a similar problem yesterday. Somehow a website search program got onto my computer and would pop-up every time I started a program. I looked in msconfig for any start-up files, ran Ad-aware, ran AVG AntiVirus AND Norton AntiVirus, even did some registry searching and I still couldn't isolate the problem. Finally, I just said screw it and formatted...which isn't always a bad thing as long as you backup your files. But I would try AVG first and see if that helps you out. Good luck man, let me know how it turns out.

You can try going into Safe Mode ( F8 ) and deleting the files there, or, if you have a bootdisk, boot into DOS or whatever, then try it that way (I think it would work).

What's the name of the virus? Be sure to do a quick backup of your most important stuff. Remember when you get your system clean to check those files again to make sure you don't reinfect your machine. Sounds like time for a format to me... If it's an active trojan, it will be impossible to tell what may be on your machine.

That F***ing virus I got is that new one...Klez worm thing...I'll try deleting the file through safe mode...It's called Winkwjr...

I think I managed to delete every single one of those cursed infected files...:mad:
But I still got one problem...how can I make sure the worm is gone?...and, I still can't open the Task Manager...:(

I managed to remove the worm, but the Task Manager still doesn't work...can someone please help???

YES!!! I managed to fix Task Manager by re-installing the program (taskmanager). The Help and Support in Windows helped me a great bit! Thx for all your help guys! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back