STRANGE problem with pictures...

OSNN Newbie
I downloaded pictures from my digital camera, and they worked fine when i viewed them on the computer.After i copied the pictures, only a few "worked".The ones that "don't work" are still there, but the pictures dont show.I've never had this problem nor heard of it before so it's very odd.I'm hoping there's a way to restore them?..below is a screen cap of the folder. Hope u can help. thanx!

SC%2EJPG

hey welcome 12390 - no screen capture came through though! do show and we can help.... hard without though!

just a thought here, but since you aren't showing file extenstions, is it possible that the ones that don't have thumbnails are .jpeg?

not sure that's it dreamliner - because my .jpeg images come up fine with thumbnails and all. However a couple of other possibilities accur to me - maybe the file types have been set to non-image files? Check properties for one of the problem images.

If that is not it then get your hidden folders and files displayed and check that you have a thumbs.db file in the folder OK (this is what speeds the thumbnail display). I am not certain, but if possible maybe delete it to cause it to be recreated. Also when you double click the "problem" images can you get an image displayed then? Is your problem just tht thumbnails? I am guessing that is it....

no no its not just the thumbnails not showing, the whole picture wont show..make sense?the picture is there, but not.hard to explain...

try right clicking the thumbnail and select refresh thumbnail

Too keep this going and to get help myself, my neighbor has Win 200 Pro, and hers is the same way. If she renames the pic and puts .jpg at the end, it shows up. Is there an easier way than renaming all pics? Thanks. And yes, when you click the image we get a pic. We also will try mainframe's idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back