Strange problem with CD in XP

D

Diman82

Hi! I've the strangiest problem i've ever seen. I have a CD drive (attached through an udma interface) and a CD-RW (yamaha 8X8X24, attached through an IDE interface, my OS is XP Pro.
the problem is that recently this two drives strarted, like read disc and burn (the burner) when there are NO discs at the drives at all. The worst part is that additionally they totally overload the system, could be for 10 sec, 30, a min. and sometimes the windows stucks at all (I can move the mouse, but that's all).

Was anyone familiar with this problem before?

Anyone who has the slightest idea please help.

p.s. the Anti-Virus check resuled in clean system.

r u setting both as master or slave??
i remember once a while, i had both as slave on one of my computer. take bout 2~3 minutes to boot to xp, take a lot time to open program and ..........

Re:

Thanks for the help, but that's not it. The CD and the CD-RW are connected on different cables. Besides, the Xp boots just fine, and the CD's work fine, UNTILL this problem starts RANDOMLY.
I don't know, maybe it's because of software (like XP is involved or some other programm), maybe it's my ATA controller (I've an Asus A7V mobo with ATA 100 controller), but it's not likely to be a virus (I've checked with my mcafee AV several times.
It's definitely strange.

I would reinstall Windows XP, make a clean install. I think that should fix things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back