Strange Problem Help PLease...

I

instincts333

:huh: Hi All this is my first post .Well the first thing I would like to say is ...This site is the best...Uhmm my problem is that for some reason I have 4 extra connection icons in my system tray ,It sure does bewilder me Any ideas? Thank You in advance...I have windows xp home .

What do the icons look like?
And what do they say when you hover the mouse over them?

You couldnt post a screenshot of the tray area to show us what you mean could you?

Do you have 4 different dialup/internet/network connections?

Strange problem

Sorry only 1 is my dial up connection and when i hover over them just my normal connection comes up like normal and i only have one isp connection . thank you

what happens when you disconnect from the internet, do all of them disappear?

You must have several connections currently running.

Go into My Network Places, and click on "view connections" on the right hand side.

Then see what each one is connected to.

Reply with what each one is...

Strange problem

I only have one connection in my network connections and yes the go away when i dissconnect but they come back on every time i connect . I know its freaking me out too.Also when i go to my internet options there is only my isp listed and it is my default there are no more connections on my puter. Its the first time it has ever happened havent downloaded any new programs or anything ... its the srtangest thing and its Freaking me out what the hect is causing it .lol:cool:

I know you might not like this idea, but you could try removing your Internet Connection, rebooting, then reinstalling it.

That is very weird. If all else fails, reinstall winxp. Not a clean install, just install it over your current installation.

P.S Do you have SP1 installed?

Hurry Thank You

Thank you Geffy One of those simple fixes that just didnt enter my brain. :cool: Knew I could count on all of you ...All of you are so helpful and I really appreciate it ....Thanks again.

Finally Whewww!

Moved to Networking, Internet and Intranet per o_87's request

Re: Hurry Thank You

Originally posted by instincts333
Thank you Geffy One of those simple fixes that just didnt enter my brain. :cool: Knew I could count on all of you ...All of you are so helpful and I really appreciate it ....Thanks again.

Finally Whewww!

Wohooo, I got it right :cool: :cool: :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back