Strange Msn Messenger behavior...

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I'm using Msn Messenger 6.1.0207. It's been acting strangely for a few weeks now: when I turn on my pc in the morning and there's one or more messages waiting for me, I clic on the warning box to go to my Inbox, I open the message( s ) and of course it appear as read afterwards in my Inbox; the problem is that Msn Messenger still claims there's unread messages waiting for me, but that's not true !
Only thing I found: sign out, and sign in again, and it doesn't show any new email, until a true new one actually arrives, and same thing happens again,...

Anyone xp-erienced this or know anything about it ?
Thank you in advance, it's annoying me a little...

Well, I am experiencing this problem but it doesn't seem to bother me that much because I rarely use MSN. I usually check my mail by logging in through the hotmail site. Does it really annoy you that much?

strange problem. I use Windows messenger and this doesnt happen. I use Outlook express for hotmail email.

I also use OE for Hotmail (back from 1999), but only to store the messages in a dedicated folder in order to free space in my Inbox ;)

Howling Wolf said:
I also use OE for Hotmail (back from 1999), but only to store the messages in a dedicated folder in order to free space in my Inbox ;)

cheeky, i like it it :D

You have the latest version of msn? Microsoft just updated it other day due to secerity problem.

it's happening to me since i upgraded to the latest version dammit :(

CNN has the story about problem here though not much info is given other then it was an internal problem at Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back