Strange mouse symbol.

M

Marshal

Hi,
I've got this user that has a strange mous symbol next to almost all programs/folders on the start menu.
The computer seems to work fine though.
see attach.

Can you post a screenshot?

press the printscreen button on that screen!

Hi,
I've got this user that has a strange mous symbol next to almost all programs/folders on the start menu.
The computer seems to work fine though.
see attach.

Damn network.... =)
See new tread above.

If an admin or something could delete this tread, that would be fine.

If you created the thread you should be able to delete it ... I will give it a few hours and if you cant delete this then I will... :D

Maybe this is a problem related to a missing system font required by Windows. Try reinstalling the font (I think the font is called System). Copy the font from another computer and then install it on the troubling computer.

Threads have been *Merged*.

Carry on... :cool:

Yes this is a font problem; the mouse looking symbols you can see should be right facing arrows. These are contained in the default system fonts copied during installation and are different with XP, ME and 98 and NT. Search the windows help system.

Tried to copy all my fonts over, no luck
installed W2K SP3 , no luck.
Think I'll just reinstall the computer.

Thanx anyway. I'm convinced that this is a font issue, but don't know how to fix it.

Happy weekend folks, I'm going snowboarding :D

If there is a *TWEAK UI* for WIN 2K then use it and rebuild the Font Folder it is an option under *Repair* in all versions of *TWEAK UI*. See if that fixes it.

But have you or the user done anything to that machine? When did this start? Did anything occure at the same time as this problem or right before?

Well, the user have had this problem in about 6 months...so it kind of hard to tell if the user have done anything to the system.

The computer is now reinstalled, and everything works fine.
Thanx alot for the help though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back